3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

Yesterday I put a couple of new homebrews in the fridge for tonight.  I have not tried them yet, so we will see.  Samples were tasty when I bottled so I am expecting goodness.

On the second one now.

#1 is a 2 Row /  Columbus SMaSH.  Some of the 2 row toasted in the oven.  Bottled 3 weeks ago this is good.  Columbus hops add a danky, resiny feel to the beer.  Very nice pale ale.

#2 is an Old Ale.  This was bottled a month ago.  It is good, but this style is for aging.  It will be much better months from now.  I'll have another in a few months just to check progress.

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

Sad  I'll have a beer for you.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

Sad  I'll have a beer for you.

23rd is a Saturday.  The name of the race implies multiple days.  What are your plans?  No promises but Sunday would be a possibility.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Yay.  More beer. Big grin  Sounds like I will have to give it a try. Norm, if you get to swing by it would be great. You know I love getting to see you!

If you give some forewarning on timing I MAY be able to make it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

I snapped up what appeared to be the last three bombers of Stone Enjoy By IPA at my beer store yesterday.  Two of them are meant for others here, but since this stuff is meant to be consumed immediately (it just shipped and expires on 4/1/13) I opened one.

Damn.  You all know I am not an IPA fan but this makes the top 5 IPAs I have ever had.  Very balanced and while it has the signature IPA profile the bouquet is distinctly floral and the flavors meld to near-sweetness.  I'm not left with the overly bitter aftertaste I get from unbalanced or overly-hopped IPAs.

You guys on the receiving end will enjoy this one.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Spaniel? A hophead? Who knew?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel? A hophead? Who knew?

Heh.  me enjoy me some Hop Project but this stuff is far smoother than that...hardly a challenge.  No Daisycutter.  Which I drink just for the name.

an amazing likeness

This is purely editoral....not real point...Most every Saturday or Friday evenings my wife and I have dinner at a local brewpub (link). Nothing all that special in terms of food -- usual pub fare, but excellent beers (I'm all for the brown ale year-round, the pale when it's on cask, and the summer ale on hot days).

Ok...this is a brewpub, they make their own beers in the basement.  It's clearly labelled as a brewpub on all it's signs. It's oak and worn wood inside, copper-topped bar. Usually some local yokel dude with a guitar warbling out bad Neil Young at one end, the brewery tanks at the other end.  When you walk in here, nothing says anything at all about pop music, bright lights or uptempo.  This place smells like beer, serves beer and makes beer.

Ok, so if you walked into a place like this, would you ask if they had Bud Light on draft?  "No, we make our own beers" says the barkeep. "Oh, ummm. how about a Corona then" says the guy ordering.

barkeep: "We have our Sebago Light of  you'd like a light, watery beer"

Big dude with huge gut and beard:  "Is that all beer tasting?"

barkeep: "How about a small sample of our Sebago Light, or our Pub Style Pale?"

BDWHG&B: "Do you any Miller light?"

barkleep "How about a water for you?"

Seriously. This happens all the tiime. How can that be.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Prince of Fatness

White Monkey!

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Two go into a box.  One to Indiana, the other to Tennessee.  The other two will age in my basement.  Oh, and there is one more that I put in the fridge for later today.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Very, very nice.

I'm a bit under the weather today but I will get your box packed if I can get around to it.  I definitely want to get it out the first part of the week.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Woot!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I'm a bit under the weather today but I will get your box packed if I can get around to it.  I definitely want to get it out the first part of the week.

No rush.  This week.  Next week.  Whatever.

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

If you give some forewarning on timing I MAY be able to make it.

I'm thinking four o'clock Indy time.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart