3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why yes, yes I did. And it turns out I have a box with some space in it. I should also point out that I noticed New Jersey is listed in the article you linked.

Feeling the growl again

So Smithwick's tastes different (ie better) here too.  Of course maybe it has something to do with being on tap, too.

Tomorrow, Guinness experience.  After I run 20 miles or so.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

It's International Stout Day. I'm sure Spaniel has this covered, but the rest of you bozos need to go drink a stout. Now.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

It's International Stout Day. I'm sure Spaniel has this covered, but the rest of you bozos need to go drink a stout. Now.

Eff!  And here I am drinkin' an IPA.  Oh well, there will be other stout days.  This is good.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Solving the stout problem now.  None cold but stouts are better a little warm anyway.  I had an Old Rasputin stashed and thought of that but I had two of these stashed so there you go.  This is yum.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That's the spirit! Thanks to Trent I was able to enjoy an Oskar Blues Ten Fidy. Very tasty.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I drank a home brewed dubbel, does that count?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I drank a home brewed dubbel, does that count?

Only if I get one too ;-)

Purdey

Self anointed title

This was worth drinking:

C-R

All I had was Guiness but I forced myself to drink it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Oskar Blues Ten Fidy. Very tasty.

Indeed.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Not anything new here but an interesting read.....

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

The Guinness Storehouse is not exactly a brewery tour per se, but it was interesting nonetheless.  A good way to take in the history of the brand.

Oh, and you get a pint of Guinness at the end.  I was going to get mine at the station where they teach you to do the perfect Guinness pour but the line was too long and I had a run to get in yet.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

The Guinness Storehouse is not exactly a brewery tour per se, but it was interesting nonetheless.  A good way to take in the history of the brand.

Oh, and you get a pint of Guinness at the end.  I was going to get mine at the station where they teach you to do the perfect Guinness pour but the line was too long and I had a run to get in yet.  Big grin

So how was the real Guinness?

Oh, and I just had a home brew.  Coffee porter bottled only 2 weeks ago and yummy already.  I'll throw one in your care package as a bonus (I already need a bigger box for Whodat's beer anyway).

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

So how was the real Guinness?

Oh, and I just had a home brew.  Coffee porter bottled only 2 weeks ago and yummy already.  I'll throw one in your care package as a bonus (I already need a bigger box for Whodat's beer anyway).

Thought I already posted...much better than what they make/sell in the US.  Texture is totally different.  Although I may have to do a study over the winter on a few more pints from the tap...you know, just to make sure...

And, homebrew is always welcome!!