3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Only if I get one too ;-)

I've still got a few stashed away.  I was supposed to hand them out to you and Spaniel after DPR 50, but totally forgot.  I'll add them to the stash  until a convenient time to give away/mail.

Prince of Fatness

And, homebrew is always welcome!!

I'll throw a holiday spiced ale in there too.  I have a case left over from 2011 and am curious as to how it aged.  Now we'll both find out.

RE: the coffee porter, dude, don't cheap out on the coffee and don't boil it.  Got it from a local roaster and cold steeped it.  Delicious.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Heh, yeah well toasting malt smells pretty good.  On the left, one pound toasted at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.  On the right, a quarter pound toasted at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.

Having a glass of this now.  Lots of yummy Citra hops in this one.  Dare I say I make pretty good beer.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I've still got a few stashed away.  I was supposed to hand them out to you and Spaniel after DPR 50, but totally forgot.  I'll add them to the stash  until a convenient time to give away/mail.

I didn't..never forget beer,...but you were in kinda a hurry at the end there.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

As I sit here at the Dublin airport wondering if I will need to rent a car and drive home through the night because of this big delay, the woman sitting next to me in the boating area is drinking a real draft Guinness Ina glass.  Starting to feel jealous.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Don't you just love travel. Have a pint or two or three and sleep on the plane.

Pssst - you can't drive to Indiana from Ireland. Just saying.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Don't you just love travel. Have a pint or two or three and sleep on the plane.

Pssst - you can't drive to Indiana from Ireland. Just saying.

Heh.  From Philly, where I am now.  But I got a flight and will just beat thestroke of midnight to my front door.  Though when in Austria last month someone who knew we had come from the US did ask us if we flew or drove... Confused

It is definitely beer-thirty.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I look forward to it! I'm sure I'll be out that way again some time.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

My wife just asked for an Oktoberfest. I had to tell her they were all gone and I couldn't get any more until next year. She didn't understand why I couldn't get more till next year ;-)

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Thirst Dog Brewing Company Barktoberfest.  Very nice, 4/5.  I thought it was fitting, considering we spent most of the past day convinced that my avatar had been the victim of foul play before he turned up where we least expected him.

On second thought, I should have hit the bourbon tonight...

Prince of Fatness

Glad to hear that the pooch made it home.

I just bottled an Irish Red.  Sample tasted nice and malty, right up Whodat's alley.  Should be ready for XMas.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Glad to hear that the pooch made it home.

+1

I just bottled an Irish Red.  Sample tasted nice and malty, right up Whodat's alley.  Should be ready for XMas.

I'll be looking for a bottle in my stocking. Wink

Prince of Fatness

I'll be looking for a bottle in my stocking. Wink

No homebrew but there is a bottle of beer in a box in my basement with your name on it.  It will be in spaniel's hands the week after Thanksgiving.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

No homebrew but there is a bottle of beer in a box in my basement with your name on it.  It will be in spaniel's hands the week after Thanksgiving.

Looking forward to trying it.

How far are you from McGuire AFB? I may be headed up that way some time early next year.

Prince of Fatness

Looking forward to trying it.

How far are you from McGuire AFB? I may be headed up that way some time early next year.

The Immort is a nice sipper.  I am quite a ways from McGuire, about 80 miles north.  In NJ that means a 2 hour drive.

Not at it at all.