3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hug your kids (Read 363 times)

C-R

One of these days they will show up in a town that has little patience or tolerance for their ilk. I'm certain that they will be explained about "actions have consequences" and no amount of lawyering by them (I read that they have several attorneys in the group/family and love to sue) will keep them from a personal meeting with St. Peter (resulting in a one way trip to Hades) and a cold case file with the locals.

And I'm with spaniel - I cherish the 1st Amendment but people like this make it hard. Freedom ain't easy or free.

I was driving today when they had the moment of silence (26 bell tolls from the main Church in Newtown) on ESPN radio. Very eerie and sad.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

And I'm with spaniel - I cherish the 1st Amendment but people like this make it hard. Freedom ain't easy or free.

+1 again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

So, two years later. The circus is gone. I ran through town today. No nuts protesting, no media vans, just a "regular" day around here. Flags are half-staff, and of course there was a mention last night at church (children's service with the live nativity on the soccer field out back of the church, and the kids sang one of the new hymns that was written as a remembrance). And church today was ridiculously packed as I dropped my kids at CCD and started my run (more packed than normal, which is already insane).  I made my run go past the Sandy Hook fire house, which is by the entrance to the old school (they tore it down and are rebuilding). The firemen were selling Xmas trees (we got ours there last week). They were helping a family load the tree on their Jeep. A Suburban was driving by, hauling a log-splitter, and the trailer had a flat, so it was puttering along, and the guys were laughing about it. They had a fire in a barrel. It was almost normal. Almost. It's practically impossible to "forget" around here - there's some news item almost every day it seems that has some connection. Not that anyone wants to forget. But sometimes they do.

Anyway...hug your kids. Always a good message.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

So, two years later. The circus is gone. I ran through town today. No nuts protesting, no media vans, just a "regular" day around here. Flags are half-staff, and of course there was a mention last night at church (children's service with the live nativity on the soccer field out back of the church, and the kids sang one of the new hymns that was written as a remembrance). And church today was ridiculously packed as I dropped my kids at CCD and started my run (more packed than normal, which is already insane).  I made my run go past the Sandy Hook fire house, which is by the entrance to the old school (they tore it down and are rebuilding). The firemen were selling Xmas trees (we got ours there last week). They were helping a family load the tree on their Jeep. A Suburban was driving by, hauling a log-splitter, and the trailer had a flat, so it was puttering along, and the guys were laughing about it. They had a fire in a barrel. It was almost normal. Almost. It's practically impossible to "forget" around here - there's some news item almost every day it seems that has some connection. Not that anyone wants to forget. But sometimes they do.

Anyway...hug your kids. Always a good message.

Nobody is forgetting.  But for those most affected, lack of a media circus on the anniversary is probably a good thing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Nobody is forgetting.  But for those most affected, lack of a media circus on the anniversary is probably a good thing.

+1. Healing takes time.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/