3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Treadmill bling (Read 46 times)

Feeling the growl again

So my treadmill dramas are well-documented.  I thought I'd share the positives.

I've already shared that I put a flatscreen with DVR in front of my machine....then a few months ago added a Bluetooth transmitter and Bluetooth earbuds.  Heavenly.

This is the latest addition, now that weather is getting warmer.  I have had the fan for years but the difference between having it sitting in a chair behind the treadmill, versus being within 24 inches of my back in this new apparatus, is extraordinary.  I can't wait to test it out in a real run tomorrow.  It is fully adjustable and mounted on rubber washers, so it is even quieter than it was before.

Left alone with the kids for the weekend I'm making the lemons into lemonade...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nice set-up!  Good idea mounting the fan that way. I have a stand-up oscillating fan behind the mill. Hardly feel anything though. I like your idea much better.

Feeling the growl again

Nice set-up!  Good idea mounting the fan that way. I have a stand-up oscillating fan behind the mill. Hardly feel anything though. I like your idea much better.

Dude.  I have not run with it yet, but standing on the TM it went from barely feeling the air to having my back fully chilled.  I anticipate it will be a big difference, but will report back.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I have had the fan for years but the difference between having it sitting in a chair behind the treadmill, versus being within 24 inches of my back in this new apparatus, is extraordinary.

Having a running fan blade two feet behind my ass would be *motivating*.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Having a running fan blade two feet behind my ass would be *motivating*.

Meh.  That's what the guard is for.  It's probably safer up out of the reach of little fingers coming at it from my blind side....

xhristopher

Cool. Last summer, while training for the Half IM, I did all my weekday riding on the trainer. One fan was good but two were great. Also nice to go shirtless without scaring the locals.

Feeling the growl again

Also nice to go shirtless without scaring the locals.

Yeah, the hardcore dieting starts in the morning.  Ugh.