3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Western States 100 (Read 24 times)

DoppleBock

I am happy that my sister and 2 friends all were picked in this year's lottery.

It was my sisters 5th year in the lottery and my 2 friends 6th year in the lottery.

I am looking forward to the family reunion in Squaw Valley.  Plenty of time to get into pacing shape as by the time I get to pace it will be a gallow walking event for them.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

If were to start running qualifying races ... maybe by the time I was 55 I would get to run it, so instead I will enjoy my 18-20 miles of pacing.

C-R

That's pretty cool. I've heard it was almost impossible to get entry into that one unless you're an elite.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats to your sister DB!

steph  

DoppleBock

They have an exponential lottery - As long as you ran a qualifying race they accept 100k - 100 Mile each year

Each year you get more entries into the lottery

Year / # of tickets

1-1

2-2

3-4

4-8

5-16

6-32

7-64

So that is why if I would start this year - I could enter the 2018 lottery for 2019 and expect by 2025 I might get picked.

That's pretty cool. I've heard it was almost impossible to get entry into that one unless you're an elite.