3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Belated Physical Update (Read 40 times)

Sorry that I did not stay in touch. 
    I am blessed to have fallen ill with diverticulitis otherwise the spot on kidney would have gone unnoticed. It was kidney cancer, and was removed Dec 8th via cryoablation. The worst is the severe anxiety/depression caused from learning of the dreaded word cancer.

In April, further scans are ordered to see if all was removed, and check for any spreading.
    Through it all I have maintained my prior weight loss and have started back run/walking Jan 1.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Feeling the growl again

Glad they caught it.  Appendicitis saved my dad from renal cell cancer in the same way.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Glad they caught this and hope you heal up.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, glad they caught this.

steph  

Prince of Fatness

What everyone else said.  Sending you vibes for continued positive prognosis.  Welcome back.

Not at it at all. 

Thanks for the well wishes friends!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

kcam

Just noticed this Ricky ... hoping they got it all and you come back strong this year!  Let us know how April goes.  Thoughts and prayers dude....

DoppleBock

I have been not running - So I have not been around.

Good news that the caught it ... I pray that all is clear in April.

Sorry that I did not stay in touch. 
                  I am blessed to have fallen ill with diverticulitis otherwise the spot on kidney would have gone unnoticed. It was kidney cancer, and was removed Dec 8th via cryoablation. The worst is the severe anxiety/depression caused from learning of the dreaded word cancer.

In April, further scans are ordered to see if all was removed, and check for any spreading.
                  Through it all I have maintained my prior weight loss and have started back run/walking Jan 1.
                  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I have been not running - So I have not been around.

Good news that the caught it ... I pray that all is clear in April.

Thanks You bro!

Ricky

Good news - all clear in kidney and lungs!

I appreciate your prayers and well wishes!

They will re-scan in 6 months, and every 6 months for 2 years.

Ricky

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good news - all clear in kidney and lungs!

I appreciate your prayers and well wishes!

They will re-scan in 6 months, and every 6 months for 2 years.

Excellent!

steph  

I'll second that "excellent".  Keep the good news flowing every six months.

Just a dude.

Great news! Here's hoping it stays that way...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

Absolutely great news!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Super!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/