3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Feeling the growl again

Damn you.  That's why I was embarrassed to even write it.  I don't want to go with a pale ale.  Too hoppy.  Not a lager.  Too fizzy.  I am definitely thinking something wheat-ish is the way to go.  I just need to go to a liquor store and look around.  

MTA:  Prob going with Anderson Valley Summer Solstice.

He won't be heh'ing so hard when the chick with chick beer chicks him. Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I know this is just piling on but will that Blue Moon come with and orange slice too? Big grin

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

a brown ale is typically nonhoppy, nonfizzy and easy drinking...

Prince of Fatness

Damn you.

Yeah well join the club. 

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, but I am 99% sure that I am going to Monkey.  Two trips in one year to places to meet strangers from the internet might make the wife wonder who the hell she is married to.

So, two trips?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I will be coming from the East on I-70.  I looked and this place is not far off my route at all.  I will add it to the list.  Thanks.

MTA:  Comments on BA indicate that they will have what I am looking for.  Spaniel, if I run late this is where you will find me.

I may head to Kahn's too. Maybe ~lunchtime since it is near Broad Ripple and Upland. When do you think you will be there?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have a friend in Chicago that is working with a brewery in Cleveland to make something kinda like the Tut beer. I take some credit for the idea behind it. He is a UC based Mesopotamian archaeologist with some knowledge of the old brewing recipes. Beyond that, I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but I'll keep the board posted.

Dogfishhead in Delaware already did this Smile

Prince of Fatness

So, two trips?

No.  That quote from me was from before my running went down the toilet.  No Monkey for me, at least not this year.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I may head to Kahn's too. Maybe ~lunchtime since it is near Broad Ripple and Upland. When do you think you will be there?

It will be Friday, the day that I arrive in town.  I hope to be there before 1.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

Dogfishhead in Delaware already did this Smile

Yeah, I'm aware of that one. This one is different. There are several of the Egyptian ones and a few modeled straight from the Ninkasi recipe.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Kalsarikännit

Oddly, no one has picked up on the Incan method of creating beer, where the women would chew corn, spit it out, mix it with water, and allow it to ferment.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Ostrich runner

Oddly, no one has picked up on the Incan method of creating beer, where the women would chew corn, spit it out, mix it with water, and allow it to ferment.

Still better than Pruno.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Hawt and sexy

Ok. I am 99% sure we will miss this year. But when we get the motorhome, we will be all over this.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Ok. I am 99% sure we will miss this year. But when we get the motorhome, we will be all over this.

Darn.  Good thing it is annual.  Wink  And right on the way to Iowa.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

So this course is grass?  Do we all need to break out our xc spikes?  They might come in handy if used strategically against the competition.  Big grin  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart