3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling the growl again

On my calendar...

Well I sent out a mass PM to garner any further comments...but since you are the only one weighing in with a firm opinion, 7/14 is going....going....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Bell's Oberon or some random Sun King brew in the kegerator?  I do not know what keg size I can get Oberon in....as long as 1/4 barrel or smaller I am GTG on that.  I do know Sun King does 1/8 kegs so that is doable...

NO MORE 1/2 BARRELS......

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

That's because I wasn't there last year. I'm good for at least 1/4 of that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Bell's Oberon or some random Sun King brew in the kegerator?  I do not know what keg size I can get Oberon in....as long as 1/4 barrel or smaller I am GTG on that.  I do know Sun King does 1/8 kegs so that is doable...

As long as it's not massed produced swill.  Probably something summery and lighter bodied is best for July.  Can't go wrong with the Oberon.

And what Norm said.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

July 14th it is.  Start training your livers early.

I am interested to see if Trent shows up with four different, qualifying beers, to keep his streak going.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am interested to see if Trent shows up with four different, qualifying beers, to keep his streak going.

Yeah. So am I...

Please remind me the qualifications...

Feeling the growl again

Yeah. So am I...

Please remind me the qualifications...

Www.beermile.com five percent abv. House rules say cans only.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Www.beermile.com five percent abv. House rules say cans only.

I would propose that we allow bottles as long as they are placed in a designated disposal receptacle after each chug. That would allow a much wider choice of brews. 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

July 14th it is.  Start training your livers early. 

It's on the calendar! 

I get to do this and the wife gets to do 3 days of Ragbrai.  It's a good trade-off.  Of course she still gives me a hard time why I want to go to some city we've never been to run with people we've never met.  Sheesh.

I'll see how the drive is Friday as we'll be driving through Indy on the way to Florida.  And thanks for all the suggestions of things to do in the area...I've been working those in where I can.

Prince of Fatness

House rules say cans only.

Seriously?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Seriously?

OK OK....two people have contested it.....damn...I just don't want to have to deal with broken glass.  As long as you don't mind losing a couple seconds to carefully set your bottle back on the table vs chucking it into the grass, I have no issues with bottles.

Personally I don't want to use bottles, but I went looking for the can variety yesterday at my beer store and it really, really sucked.  They did not even have Guinness cans.

We'll just have some nasty penalty if you break a bottle.  Wink

MTA:

Since my avatar is old enough to realize there is nothing worse we can do to him than we already have, and he just doesn't give a shit anymore, we need to get a better trashcan so he doesn't dig through it on a weekly basis.  So I'll just drag one of our current ones out there for the bottles.  Problem solved.

Prince of Fatness

I was going to suggest a few 5 gallon buckets.  You midwesterners have them, right?

If I come I will try to go with canned beer.  I just cannot drink swill.  Right now this is the frontrunner...

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

Oskar Blues makes great suff.  Old Chub or Ten Fidy might make things interesting.

Fat Tire has been in can for a while now.  That wouldn't be bad for a beer mile.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

Oskar Blues makes great suff.  Old Chub or Ten Fidy might make things interesting.

Fat Tire has been in can for a while now.  That wouldn't be bad for a beer mile.

I'm thinking pils is the best way to go.  You just need to make sure that it is at least 5%.  The OB one is.  Fat Tire may be a tad heavy for a beer mile.

Not at it at all.