3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

C-R

If I come out there I will need to be directed to a quality craft beer store so that I can acquire some beer that I cannot get back home.

I'm pretty sure we can cover you on that. bring some empty growlers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Cool Jump Suit

I am planning on being there.  Any leftover MGD from last year?  Big grin

So bittersweet,
      This tragedy
      Won't ask for absolution;
      This melody,
      Inside of me,
      Still searches for solution.
      A twist of faith,
      A change of heart
      Cures my infatuation.
      A broken heart, 
      Provides the spark
      For my determination.

A Saucy Wench

I know that it is the "in" thing to do but I am not running jogging Monkey if I am out of shape.

You could do the drunk monkey relay.  It's kinda fun.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

So I just heard from wannaberunner and she may be coming and bringing friends.

Thoughts on me having shirts made up?  I doubt anyone has one from a beer mile.  I'd probably have to add on a token entry fee for those wanting one.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

So I just heard from wannaberunner and she may be coming and bringing friends.

Now I am afraid.  I don't want to get chicked.  Hopefully she's a teetotaler.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How is everyone with July 14th?

Setting my final Summer schedule. And my July now looks more tame. Is this confirmed?

Feeling the growl again

Setting my final Summer schedule. And my July now looks more tame. Is this confirmed?

Absolutely, I already turned down what may be my last bachelor party invite because I had already committed this date to people.  Barring a family emergency of some sort it's July 16th or bust.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

DoppleBock

Monday?

Absolutely, I already turned down what may be my last bachelor party invite because I had already committed this date to people.  Barring a family emergency of some sort it's July 16th or bust.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Monday?

Bleh.  OK, 14th, you got me.  Or rather, a couple beers and glasses of wine did.

Kalsarikännit

Thoughts on me having shirts made up?  I doubt anyone has one from a beer mile.  I'd probably have to add on a token entry fee for those wanting one.

What about finishers medals?  What about age group awards?  Could those be done by the age that I tell people that I am, rather than my actual age?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

What about finishers medals?  What about age group awards?  Could those be done by the age that I tell people that I am, rather than my actual age?

Finishers medals and awards will depend on how much time I have to put into it, but there will be some sort of awards.

Finisher medals from the first one:

Purdey

Self anointed title

You are up early Andy. 

I recommend beer for awards.  Always goes down well after a beer mile.

Feeling the growl again

You are up early Andy. 

I recommend beer for awards.  Always goes down well after a beer mile.

I have an infant.  This was sleeping in Wink

Love the avatar, BTW.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I saw the latest pics of Nate.  He is growing up fast.  Will he be officiating at the beer mile?

Feeling the growl again

I saw the latest pics of Nate.  He is growing up fast.  Will he be officiating at the beer mile?

I would prefer my kids continue to think I am perfect, all-knowing and superhuman for as long as possible. I'm not sure letting them watch me do stupid stunts build my rep...