3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

There comes a point when seeing your Dad nail a beer mile in under 8 mins is pretty cool.  Perhaps not the best thing to tell your infant school teacher.... but pretty cool.

C-R

Yeah. That worked out well for me at the pool this weekend when describing beer mile to BIL. Good thing I'm in sales and change subjects on a dime when the boys wanted to know more details.

I would prefer my kids continue to think I am perfect, all-knowing and superhuman for as long as possible. I'm not sure letting them watch me do stupid stunts build my rep...

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thoughts on me having shirts made up?  I doubt anyone has one from a beer mile.  I'd probably have to add on a token entry fee for those wanting one.

My wife said she's used this place and that the prices for small batches are pretty reasonable.

http://www.customink.com/

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I can also use the place that does the Monkey shirts and the GDMN SNGLTS.

Feeling the growl again

My wife said she's used this place and that the prices for small batches are pretty reasonable.

http://www.customink.com/

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.  The above site is superb and prices are reasonable.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

With Monkey now up in the air I am now 80% certain that I am doing this. It would be 100% if you lived closer.

Monkey is pretty much out of the picture for this year at least so I am now up to 95% for this thing.  I am almost ready to ask for beer store and hotel recommendations, in that order.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Monkey is pretty much out of the picture for this year at least so I am now up to 95% for this thing.  I am almost ready to ask for beer store and hotel recommendations, in that order.

Beer stores, we can do.

Hotel...well, I have deliberately not promised anyone the guest room since if you are coming all the way from NJ with your wife you deserve it.  It is yours if you want it for whatever nights you would be here.  The nearest hotel is a 10 minute drive away and would require someone to stay sober enough to drive you there.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm sure I can convince my wife to provide shuttle service to the Brownsburg hotels if needed.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Or I can catch a cab.  I'm fine staying in a motel.  Mrs Finn cannot get off from work so I will be riding solo.

I'd be driving half the way Thursday evening after work and getting there sometime Friday afternoon, then leaving for home first thing Sunday morning.  As long as I can get a motel room within reasonable distance I have no problem taking a cab to the beer mile on Saturday.  They do have cabs in Indiana, correct?

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What town is this nearest?

Feeling the growl again

Or I can catch a cab.  I'm fine staying in a motel.  Mrs Finn cannot get off from work so I will be riding solo.

I'd be driving half the way Thursday evening after work and getting there sometime Friday afternoon, then leaving for home first thing Sunday morning.  As long as I can get a motel room within reasonable distance I have no problem taking a cab to the beer mile on Saturday.  They do have cabs in Indiana, correct?

Cabs?  Ha.  Nope.  Only in Indianapolis proper.  We are anything but proper.

Seriously, unless you have a reason to stay in a hotel...it would seem like a waste to have a guest room with nobody in it...I've got the one spare bed, two tents of my own and/or lots of floor space.  If your wife is not in tow it would seem like a good opportunity to be a little out of control...

Trent - The nearest town with hotels (and beer stores worth going to) is Brownsburg, 10 minutes away.  If you want a hotel.  The Toddy Shoppe on US-136 east of town has the best beer selection.  There is another Toddy Shoppe right by the freeway exit (and hotels) but their beer selection is not as good.  I will let WhoDat or C-R comment on better stores further away as I'm no expert.  Crown Liquors on 86th St is where I got the keg last year and they have a large selection.

Feeling the growl again

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I may stay in Louisville and drive up and back for the day. Well, ride back. DW will become DD.

Shirt: cool! White?

Feeling the growl again

I may stay in Louisville and drive up and back for the day. Well, ride back. DW will become DD.

Shirt: cool! White?

Cool.  It's ~2hrs.  Race is ~4pm.

Yes, I thought white had the best contrast with the dog.  The site WhoDat sent let me do that design in ~10min, that's just the online preview.  Super simple and easy.

Prince of Fatness

Cool.  It's ~2hrs.  Race is ~4pm.

4 PM?  Damn, that leaves a little too much time for warm up beers, doesn't it?  I guess that I will have to pace myself.

I was thinking that a hotel would make things easier when I arrive up on Friday.  I hope to make it into Ohio Thursday so I am thinking I can be in your area by 2 PM Friday.  I definitely don't want to be driving Saturday and am pretty sure that I have an air mattress that I can bring, so OK, for now assume that I am staying at your place. We can work out the details later.

Not at it at all.