3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Feeling the growl again

4 PM?  Damn, that leaves a little too much time for warm up beers, doesn't it?  I guess that I will have to pace myself.

I was thinking that a hotel would make things easier when I arrive up on Friday.  I hope to make it into Ohio Thursday so I am thinking I can be in your area by 2 PM Friday.  I definitely don't want to be driving Saturday and am pretty sure that I have an air mattress that I can bring, so OK, for now assume that I am staying at your place. We can work out the details later.

Cool.  Consider the guest bed yours for now then.

As for the 4pm start, that was to allow for those coming in the day of.  Once we have a final list of the committed, we can go somewhat earlier if everyone agrees.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

The message says 16th...you mean the 14th?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

The message says 16th...you mean the 14th?

Dammit...I need more sleep.  Yes, 14th...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Crown Liquors on 86th St is where I got the keg last year and they have a large selection.

According to this map provided by cameraready there is a Crown Liquors in Avon, which does not appear to be too far from your place.  I may have to stop there.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

According to this map provided by cameraready there is a Crown Liquors in Avon, which does not appear to be too far from your place.  I may have to stop there.

Yes, same chain.  Just more out of the way from where I typically drive.  A real PIA taking US-36 as a route west coming home from work.

Probably the best selection you will get without going up by C-R's area.  I hope to stop next week to return last year's keg and find something palatable in a 12oz can.

C-R

Selection is good up here but one of the best places is Kahn's on Keystone. Closer to me than spaniel's. Just off 48th St. If you're coming from the East, it would be slightly off the path but well worth it.

Oh and where is Pfetro. He needs to join us.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

If I were able to open the window to my office, I could spit on the Crown at Ohio and Delaware.

Feeling the growl again

Oh and where is Pfetro. He needs to join us.

Trying to reach him, I was hoping to have beer with him tomorrow night.

Cool Jump Suit

If I were able to open the window to my office, I could spit on the Crown at Ohio and Delaware.

Hey wow, you work just a couple of blocks away from me!

So bittersweet,
                    This tragedy
                    Won't ask for absolution;
                    This melody,
                    Inside of me,
                    Still searches for solution.
                    A twist of faith,
                    A change of heart
                    Cures my infatuation.
                    A broken heart, 
                    Provides the spark
                    For my determination.

Prince of Fatness

Selection is good up here but one of the best places is Kahn's on Keystone. Closer to me than spaniel's. Just off 48th St. If you're coming from the East, it would be slightly off the path but well worth it.

I will be coming from the East on I-70.  I looked and this place is not far off my route at all.  I will add it to the list.  Thanks.

MTA:  Comments on BA indicate that they will have what I am looking for.  Spaniel, if I run late this is where you will find me.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

Hey wow, you work just a couple of blocks away from me!

Oh yeah? One day Spaniel is going to get off his lazy ass and plan a happy hour session.

Feeling the growl again

Oh yeah? One day Spaniel is going to get off his lazy ass and plan a happy hour session.

Whiskey Tamgo Foxtrot. I am planning the beer mile. Since you have been too pansy to join us in eagle creek for morning runs for like two years I think you should plan the happy hour. . . . Ok, since I am the one whipped by daycare schedules perhaps I own that too. Dammit.

Ostrich runner

Maybe we should bring back the three martini lunch?

Cool Jump Suit

Maybe we should bring back the three martini lunch?

There.  You.  Go. 

Knifey works with me.  She might even join.

So bittersweet,
                              This tragedy
                              Won't ask for absolution;
                              This melody,
                              Inside of me,
                              Still searches for solution.
                              A twist of faith,
                              A change of heart
                              Cures my infatuation.
                              A broken heart, 
                              Provides the spark
                              For my determination.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Are all you peeps coming to Sunking and Upland around lunchtime this week on Friday?