3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

C-R

You better get to 2,000 or you will receive a black mark next to your name in my address book.  Lots of reasons - Some of them controllable - some not.  But I mostly blame your love of fermented beverages. 

Now this is motivation sprinkled with a little truth.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

The best was the 4.6 miles Monday on the highly technical red trail...

Next time I am in Nashvegas we are on the trails

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Slo

I thought you call this place the Hurt Locker?

of course you should do it, you pansy!  

Big grin  trying to fit in here

Big grin

Nice job!

C-R

Hmmm. 1,634 miles in the book. should I do it? 9.15 miles per day?

I have been above the 2000 mark for four straight years.

Hmmm.

Failure is not an option.

Doubles are fun.

C-R

How?  You need us to answer that for you?

As far as 2k, I've been looking at the numbers this month and this is where things stand:

Trent - 1734.8

CR - 1691.2

mbehr - 1677.9

I've been trying my damnest to catch up to Trent but where I think I'm doing good, he's doing better.  That gap isn't closing.  So, yeah, you're not off that bad...you still have plenty of people under you in that category.  You just better keep on your toes because I'm coming from behind and I'm finsihing out the year strong!  Not stupid strong though.

New frigging goal.

Do not get passed by mbehr!

jfa

I thought you call this place the Hurt Locker?

of course you should do it, you pansy!   

Peer Pressure!

Damn!

Hawt and sexy

Hmmm, 1960... Someday I should look into maybe using that log thingy again.

I'm touching your pants.

Doubles are fun.

THIS!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Doubles are fun.

Yup.  This.

If it comes to it, triples are "funner".

Or so I'm told.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

The King of Beasts

This is a rant so no replies required.

I just looked at my log and I will be pushing to get to 2k this year. I will need a 300 mile December which was similar to last year's challenge.

How the hell did I let myself get to this sorry state of affairs?

I will get 300 in Dec. I will get 2000 + and I will have some damn discipline about my running and workouts starting Right Fucking NOW!

That is all. 

I want in, put be down for 540 in december. maybe a few less depending on the next week.

looking for another 5000 mile year

no major workouts for me, probably just long runs, strides, and light hills.

Lets do this.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Feeling the growl again

Hell, I would feel good about myself saying "hey, I am in, but for 3000 instead of 2000, but then A1 comes in with 5000 and steps on my throat... But yeah, a lot of crap between me and 3000 right now but I plan to make it. Whatever it takes will be a sight less than last December.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

an amazing likeness

I'm in nearly the same place for 3650km (10K per day)....not quite 300 behind....but it's gonna take a solid December and the body is starting break down slowly and steadily.

Ahhh...running for the log, nuthin' makes less sense, or more sense.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I was just thinking today about how no December throwdown had been mentioned and how if it was I wouldn't be sucked in.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

I want in, put be down for 540 in december. maybe a few less depending on the next week.

looking for another 5000 mile year

no major workouts for me, probably just long runs, strides, and light hills.

Lets do this.

Why do I feel like I got punched in the throat.

I will start the tab on page one.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Starting to think C-R needs to push for 3000/yr this year.