3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

Prince of Fatness

Heh thanks.  Just added another.  May have one more in me after that.

And dude, that Chocolate Abbey was delicious.  Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling the growl again

Yes, I saw. Impressive work today.

Man, I worked on a LOT of beer tonight.  Properly spaced though.  And half a bottle of wine.  Ugh.  Should have used some on the third kid, who is still out-lasting me to bed.  4:15am wakeup call coming too soon, This Flat 12 Half Cycle IPA is the night cap.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I've been thinking about this too, not that 2K should be anything more than an arbitrary number... I'll probably need about 260. I don't expect it to happen but I joined Sean's holiday streak challenge to increase my odds.

It is now on the board.

Oh and what spaniel said.

Heh

We need something like this for drinking too but that would be counter to the weight loss thread. DAMN.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

CR, you better get running!  Don't look now but you've already been passed.  Wink

I'm not letting this be easy for you.

Damn man. You started doubling early. I know my time groove now so I can get some consistency.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Damn man. You started doubling early. I know my time groove now so I can get some consistency.

It's all part of the big (April) picture.  December won't be crazy stupid.  How last week was is how the next few are going to be.

C-R

It's all part of the big (April) picture.  December won't be crazy stupid.  How last week was is how the next few are going to be.

I get that. After failing at Boston this year, running a good race there is even more special.

Ok - not to be Johnny Raincloud but I need to share something with the crowd here. Not sure why but I  have several friends here IRL and even you interweb people I haven't had a chance to meet are up there. Plus people in here have the proper attitude.

My wife was re-diagnosed with cancer a little over a week ago. It's different than the first time. It was detected very early. It appears surgery should do the trick. Currently no chemo is required (that could change after next week's surgery and pathology report). Surgery recovery and reconstruction will be an impact. BTW - cancer fucking sucks.

Last time this shit happened, running was my salvation (mentally at least). That's when I really used running to get some peace and started adding miles. Thoughts and prayers are welcome, but personally I hope you people make sure I stick to my plan and not get lazy. My wife has the hard part so think of her. I just need to keep my shit wired tight as we used to say in the military. Ok, that's all I have. Get back to work.

Ostrich runner

Damn. Norm, I remember telling you about my wife's health issues at Huff. I recall the conversation going something like 

Beef: my gf is a mess [truncated]

C-R: that's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that

Beef: yeah, it fucking sucks, but that's about all there is to that

C-R: yep, sometimes that's all there is to it.

Soldier on. If you ever want a midweek nighttime trail run, hit me up. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Sorry to hear that news Norm.  My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Prince of Fatness

Sending positive vibes to you and yours Norm.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You had mentioned it before Monkey, but I wasn't really aware of the history until I snooped around your FB page. Our thoughts and prayers are with your wife and family. If you need anything at all just let me know. Even if it's just to come by and make sure you get your ass out the door and run.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

xhristopher

Norm, That stinks. You guys take care and pull through.

BTW, my brother-in-law and family moved to Carmel this year. If we ever go visit I'll be hitting you up for a good running route.

C-R

Thanks all. Some of those Eagle Creek runs will do me good this winter. So I'll take you up on that Richard.

xhristopher - you visit Carmel and I will show you all the good running routes. We might even head to Eagle Creek to catch up with spaniel, whodat and Beef (if he can cross town once in a while). Plus there is always beer. Just ask the beer mile people.

#artbydmcbride

{{{{*~* super powerful healing vibes>> C-R's wife <<super powerful healing vibes*~*}}}}

Runners run

Sending good thoughts and committing to log-stalking and giving crap when necessary.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.