3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Norm-  I am so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers for both of you.

Yes, be strong for your wife so that she doesn't have to do any worrying about you at

this time.  As you say, you can let off your steam by racking up the miles.

steph  

Well, I'm not eager to give a guy shit about his training when he's going through that.  But OK!

FWIW, my wife has had three rounds of cancer "discoveries" and subsequent procedures.  Sucks every time -- far more for her than me, I'll quickly add -- but you do what you gotta do.  Best wishes to everyone in the C-R family.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey Norm, I have offerred you my support offline and in other settings, and you know you have it.

Some Hurtlocker love: get the fuck out and run. 300 miles ain't gonna run them damn selves.

(Plus it will make you saner to be around when you are there to support Mrs. CR.)

Smile {{}}

kcam

mmmph.  Just saw this.  Know that there's someone else out on the interwebs pulling for your wife, yourself and your family. 

Keeping you, your wife and family in my thoughts Norm.  It's time like this I wish I lived nearer to all you internet friends so I could offer help and support in a better way than a few words.

On the running front, run when you think you need to, and maybe when you don't think you do.  You need the sanity(!) that running brings to feed the strength for everything else. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

You know we're close by if you need anything, or just need to offload the kids for awhile.  I assume from prior conversations that she has the full team she needs, but if there are any questions you need answered or additional resources you need just let me know.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I will be thinking and praying for your family, Norm. If there's anything I can do, let me know please.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Damn, Norm.  Sorry to hear about that.   Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Let's hope the surgery takes care of it and it stays away!

You know, with running being your salvation last time, that just might be your wife's salvation this time.  If we can't kick you out the door for a run, she just may do it to help keep her sanity.

jfa

Thoughts and prayers to you and The Mrs. ,Norm.

Hang in there man.

Feeling the growl again

Well, looks like I will end up about 1 run short of reaching my November goal of 300 miles.  Not what I wanted but closer than I thought I'd be a week ago.  I would have made it except I have a bit pile of meat to process tonight and tomorrow that must get done instead of running.  

I blame beef.

That's a good priming to carry into this December ridiculousness of 400 miles though.  Just about time to get at it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You still have some 15 hours. Dude. Do it.

6.x miles to go for me.

Ostrich runner

Blaming venison on beef. Be proud that you're part of my gut reduction program. Or my excuse to drink more because I won't consume as much fat. You're going to land me in rehab. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

You still have some 15 hours. Dude. Do it.

6.x miles to go for me.

One day to run ~26 miles.  That is a stunt, not training.  I am training now.  And I cannot triple on Friday anyways.

Feeling the growl again

Blaming venison on beef. Be proud that you're part of my gut reduction program. Or my excuse to drink more because I won't consume as much fat. You're going to land me in rehab. 

Dude, with that warm winter last year these deer are the fattest I have ever seen.  I had to stop grinding tonight because as the meat warmed up the grinder kept getting gummed up with fat.  I've never had deer where I had to cut 3/4" of fat off the backstraps before I boned them out but I did this year.  After 3 deer I had a 5 gallon bucket full of just fat trimmings!!

That said, I kept the finished meat as lean as possible.

I ended up removing my in-process wine from the kegerator and putting the remaining meat in there to get it down to ~freezing before going at it again tomorrow, as it was not grinding well anymore as warm as it was.  I froze down 64lbs tonight, so it looks like I am headed for ~120lbs total.  So this means ~40lbs for you, if that sounds good.

Ostrich runner

Wow! I probably don't really need that much, so if someone needs some, feel free to cut into mine. I'll pick out some good Scotch for you. I do have a deep freezer, but it's in the garage and on one of those outlets with a reset. I need to switch that up - lost some food when it tripped several months ago. I'm not uptight about many things, but between a few years of lean living and my restaurant work, food waste makes me twitch.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum