3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

Slo

10 done...290 to go.

The King of Beasts

Done. 300/November.

i blame trent

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

1.4 miles. And...I'm done. 

Something really wrong with my right ankle. Time to shut down, and reload for 2013...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

Something really wrong with my right ankle. Time to shut down, and reload for 2013...

Sorry to hear this.  Heal up....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Seanv2

Nice to see so many of you making a push at the end of the year. I', just trying to keep this stupid running streak alive through the first of the year and then reloading for next year.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

C-R

That sucks. Heal up.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Heal up fast, and look forward to 2013.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

xhristopher

Perhaps I should run a lot this weekend.

32 miles for the weekend, a good head start on the month.

Kevin, Take it easy but I've got a feeling you'll be ticking off the miles in no time.

Feeling the growl again

I managed to mess up Day 1 and now I'm already in the hole, and have another problematic work trip coming up.  Sigh.  Here's to hoping the hotel area is runnable or gym 24hrs....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I get that spaniel. I need to figure out how to make it through this week without being too far behind.

Hope the damn hospital has a gym I can use.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

I get that spaniel. I need to figure out how to make it through this week without being too far behind.

Hope the damn hospital has a gym I can use.

Heh.  Well, some things are more important than a stupid mileage challenge.  Kick yourself in the ass next week to catch up but do what needs to be done this week.

That reminds me when our oldest was still in the NICU.  I hadn't slept more than a catnap in 3 days and was really strung out.  My wife practically forced me to follow through on running the Indy Mini to get me out of there (somehow she knew that flogging myself in a HM would be better for me than sitting in a hospital room where I couldn't do anything useful to help the situation).  I ran it and went straight back to the hospital to change.  When I got back to our room a couple of the nurses had it on TV watching it in progress and my wife pointed out that I'd already finished and come back...I kind of like those "you are a freak" looks. 

It's kind of pathetic that my punch-drunk 1:13 or 1:14 that day hasn't been touched since...

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Heh.  Well, some things are more important than a stupid mileage challenge.  Kick yourself in the ass next week to catch up but do what needs to be done this week.

What spaniel said, Norm.

And it's only running.

steph  

Slo

Yep, What Spaniel said.

C-R

That reminds me when our oldest was still in the NICU.  I hadn't slept more than a catnap in 3 days and was really strung out.  My wife practically forced me to follow through on running the Indy Mini to get me out of there (somehow she knew that flogging myself in a HM would be better for me than sitting in a hospital room where I couldn't do anything useful to help the situation).  I ran it and went straight back to the hospital to change.  When I got back to our room a couple of the nurses had it on TV watching it in progress and my wife pointed out that I'd already finished and come back...I kind of like those "you are a freak" looks. 

Exactly. Based on experience there is only so much pacing the carpet I can handle when I can't do a damn thing to help on the medical side.