3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February 2013 Racing Thread (Read 278 times)

C-R

Clive and JLC bustin out the whoop ass stick. Good stuff.

Fail for me today. 1:38:15. They started most of the male runners in Corral C so I spent the first 8 miles weaving through traffic and running in the grass and getting stuck at pinch points. Bummer but I still ran hard and am happy with the workout. I plan to be able to race in March at some smaller venues not 26,000+ out there today.

On the bright side, I was passed exactly once and I couldn't hunt the a-hole down. He finished about a minute in front of me.

So being overweight with little speed work and a huge traffic jam, this was ok. Have I given enough excuses or drivel yet?

Right now I am chomping at the bit for a good race.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Nice PR Clive in tough conditions! Well done C-R & J-L-C as well.

So being overweight with little speed work and a huge traffic jam, this was ok. Have I given enough excuses or drivel yet?

For several races, yes.

that's a nice time considering the slow-down factors at work.   Can't wait to see what you do in a smaller, uncluttered venue.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

MTA:   2/24     Augusta Half Marathon    Augusta, Ga     Beat my course PR  <1:48:32

Nope.  1:53:57.   When the long down hills aren't fun it's a shame.

My legs felt dead and very tight.    Unlike last year's race, no fun was had.

However, my oldest son ran his first 10k and enjoyed it.  His time wasn't bad either considering

he just quit smoking 3 months ago.  Yea!

steph  

#artbydmcbride

Great job J-L-C!!

Runners run

flarunner

Gasparilla Half Marathon on 2/24. I want to run this one faster than I did last year.

MTA: 1:42:37

Ah, no. Disappointing fail on so many levels. 1:44:40

#artbydmcbride

2/24 Brea 8k     goal   44:00

45:21   hilly and my hammy still hurts...

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

45:21   hilly and my hammy still hurts...

((Ilene's hammy))

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

The beer for best performance of the month goes to Roth Runner for a HUGE HM PR.  I don't know the next time we will be on the came continent for you to claim your free beer; hopefully it will be in the UK because they serve it by the pint over there so you will get extra.  Big grin

Honorable mentions to Gville Kevin and amcneice for clobbering their 5K goals in true Hurtlocker style.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Thanks for the virtual beer!!  I'm actually in the US in a few weeks so I'll claim my beer on arrival - Do I just ask for my hurtlocker prize beer at any bar?? Smile

Feeling the growl again

Thanks for the virtual beer!!  I'm actually in the US in a few weeks so I'll claim my beer on arrival - Do I just ask for my hurtlocker prize beer at any bar?? Smile

Beer must be claimed in person or from another RAer who I will later buy it for to replace.  Otherwise I'd be broke by now.  Big grin

If your plans take you through Washington DC April 6-10 you can claim in person.

I'm going to give Rocken a beer or (beer equivalent) when I get to meet her in April. 

Anyone else going to be in Philadelphia April 17th-21st?  I could claim a beer from them (or from Rocken) and pass it on to RR (if we ever meet up in the UK)?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Don't worry, I'm very happy & flattered with the virtual beer!

I shall be craft beering my way through New Orleans, Sacramento, SF, Eugene & Portland anyway!!  Any recommendations on bars and/or beers are very welcome...

C-R

I'm going to give Rocken a beer or (beer equivalent) when I get to meet her in April. 

Anyone else going to be in Philadelphia April 17th-21st?  I could claim a beer from them (or from Rocken) and pass it on to RR (if we ever meet up in the UK)?

Likely in PA at that time.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R

Don't worry, I'm very happy & flattered with the virtual beer!

I shall be craft beering my way through New Orleans, Sacramento, SF, Eugene & Portland anyway!!  Any recommendations on bars and/or beers are very welcome...

That's a hell of a road trip. Can only speak to Portland. I went to Deshuetes. Very good. Here's how I found them and there are tons more if you ask the locals around the area. I assume Eugene is the same. Oh and lots of wineries too. Basically an alcohol lovers dream spot. http://www.portlandbeer.org/breweries/