3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February 2013 Racing Thread (Read 278 times)

Kalsarikännit

Someday when I am a complete fatass with no hope I will pay to travel for this race.

That's why I am doing this now. Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

So, that Mid-Winter Classic 10 miler race that MilkTruck was gonna do... It's one of my favorite races, and this year it filled up super quick and I missed out. I was bummed. MT was nice enough, when he decided his hamstrings were a no-go, to transfer his (highly sought after) bib to me. So now I get to run, and this just confirms the fact that MT is indeed a very cool guy.

It's a roly-poly hilly course, and last year I ran 1:10:17, probably in a bit better shape than I'm in now. I'll aim to beat that. (MTA: I'll aim for sub 1:10, actually.)

And MT, next time we meet, beers on me!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

xhristopher

So, that Mid-Winter Classic 10 miler race that MilkTruck was gonna do... It's one of my favorite races, and this year it filled up super quick and I missed out. I was bummed. MT was nice enough, when he decided his hamstrings were a no-go, to transfer his (highly sought after) bib to me. So now I get to run, and this just confirms the fact that MT is indeed a very cool guy.

It's a roly-poly hilly course, and last year I ran 1:10:17, probably in a bit better shape than I'm in now. I'll aim to beat that. (MTA: I'll aim for sub 1:10, actually.)

Nice. I really enjoyed running this one last year.

Feeling the growl again

That's why I am doing this now. Big grin

Suck down all those donuts and you will be well on your way to fatass-dom.  Good luck!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

flarunner

Gasparilla Half Marathon on 2/24. I want to run this one faster than I did last year.

MTA: 1:42:37

an amazing likeness

I like how well you phrased that.  "Beers on me" is potentially very different than "Beer's on me".

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

2/17 - mstuartm - Taste 10K, Athens, GA - <41:00

2/23 -- CliveF -- Charlotte Ten-Miler (Charlotte NC) -- Goal = um, I dunno, sub-68?  (PR's 1:09:07 from MAR2012, FWIW.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

2/2 - Race to the Plate 5k - Cola SC  < 18:00

2/9 - Some 5k < 17:40

Not sure which race I'm running on 2/9 but I figure 3 straight weeks of 5k's will get my act in gear.

Feeling the growl again

OK so he deleted this, please re-post info for yourself so I am clear on this.

MTA:  I think I am finally caught up now.  If I made mistakes, please post corrections.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

kcam

Ha..I'll be there too..

2/3 Davis Stampede Half Marathon <1:18:30

Parklife - you still running this one?  I'm still 100% on but after yesterdays 5,000 at 18:18 it ain't looking good for my <37:47 goal.  I was secretly hoping to dip under 18 flat for yesterday's race.  I guess I'll still keep that goal but even <38 looks like a stretch.   Maybe we can meet up before the race ....

OK so he deleted this, please re-post info for yourself so I am clear on this.

MTA:  I think I am finally caught up now.  If I made mistakes, please post corrections.

You got it right, thanks.

This seems like as good a spot as any to volunteer to do a month's racing thread. Does anybody have dibs on April? If not, I'll do it.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

You got it right, thanks.

This seems like as good a spot as any to volunteer to do a month's racing thread. Does anybody have dibs on April? If not, I'll do it.

It's all you!  I'd go ahead and get it open so that someone takes May Smile

Feeling the growl again

I'm in for the Zionsville Groundhog 7-miler with the other locals.  Won last year in 39:02.  We'll go 38:40 for the goal this year -- I should be a little faster than last if I remember my flats this time.  Big grin

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

2/9    Delirium 24 Hour     Bluffton, SC      Haven't a clue.     Practicing.     How bout 15 hours or 62 miles.

MTA:   2/24     Augusta Half Marathon    Augusta, Ga     Beat my course PR  <1:48:32

Okay, pulling up my big girl panties.  Delirium   In for 24 hours  70 - 80 miles.

steph