April Race Thread (Read 1077 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Missed it. 

1:39:00

But, that's a PR.

Good going!

steph  

Nads, you were due. I have no doubt you ain't done yet. Not by a long shot.

MT, you couldn't have found one second? Wink  Very nice. That's a strong PR there.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Missed it. 

1:39:00

But, that's a PR.

And PRs are always worth celebrating :-)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

18:44

Solid running Nads. Nicely done.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

an amazing likeness

MT, you couldn't have found one second? Wink 

Had I known....had I only known....Thanks to all for the shout-outs.

Onward...goal is to get to sub 1:38:30.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

4/21

Jersey City, NJ

Earth Day 5k

Goal: 18:15

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Kalsarikännit

4/16 - Boston 3:20

C-R, what is your bib number?  I'm interested in stalking you.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

C-R

C-R, what is your bib number?  I'm interested in stalking you.

I'm 6149. And I am both honored and worried someone is stalking me. Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm 6149. And I am both honored and worried someone is stalking me. Heh.

someones

Smile

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

BTW I am running Boston. My plan to train through it and run it for fun seems kinda genius now. Not hurtlocker material though, so I hadn't mentioned it here before now. 

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

BTW I am running Boston. My plan to train through it and run it for fun seems kinda genius now. Not hurtlocker material though, so I hadn't mentioned it here before now. 

If the weather forecast holds, the entire race will be Hurtlocker-worthy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Fickin A people. 70's at the start and 80 at the finish.

Damnit Trent!

New goal - finish - just kidding

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Leg #1:  9.12 mi in 57:12 = 6:17 / mi

Leg #2:  8.5 mi in 52:28 = 6:11 / mi

Leg #3: 7.52 mi in 46:04 = 6:08 / mi

Overall:  25.14 mi in 2:35:44 = 6:12 / mi

Team went sub-24 for the 202.1 miles as well.

Legs felt good through out,  the sleep deprivation torpedo my ability to shave any more time off that third leg.

Maybe this fall, I'll figure out a way to slap all three legs together in an actual marathon. 

Feeling the growl again

Our friends in Boston are getting ready to head for the corrals.  Looks like the weather won't be giving them a break, around 70 at the start and climbing fast to the mid-80s by the finish.

She hasn't peeked in here in awhile, but it appears that the heat is the least of wannaberunner's problems today....travels to a destination marathon and gets food poisoning the night before the race.. Sad

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills