3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Race Thread (Read 1077 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations all of you Carmel guys!  Well done.

steph  

Congratulations all of you Carmel guys!  Well done.

+1

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

DoppleBock

Dopplebock - Ran 2:56:07 @ Carmel.  Ran with 98% of what I had and hurt pretty bad the last 10k.  A bit of a possitive split

NO FN LN DIVISION OVERALL DIVPL SEXPL 10K RANK HALF RANK 20MI RANK LAST10K RANK TIME PACE
        printradius 4772 Michael Henze M 40-44 16 2/66 15/365 41:26 17 1:27:47 18 2:13:51 18 42:16 14 2:56:07 6:44

Overall happy with it ~ The course was nice from a hill perspective = enough elevation change - Ups were gradual - A few of the downs were too steep to get your moneys worth.  The course had a bit too many turns for my taste ~ But not a big issue.  I think with my current speed and fitness level I underperformed, but the reason is because only 1 week taper after 2x160 mile weeks. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

PS the only person that passed me that I did not pass back was BoilerTom ~ 2:52

PS the only person that passed me that I did not pass back was BoilerTom ~ 2:52

Boiler Tom is a beast. I love that guy.

Way to go, though, DB.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I'm no longer pissed that you guys had great weather.

Congrats on great races at Carmel Big grin

I'm no longer pissed that you guys had great weather.

Yes you are.   Wink

DoppleBock

I believe that she is pissed that she did not have good weather

I believe that she is pissed that she did not have good weather

This.

Kalsarikännit

I believe that she is pissed 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

If you were a Hexenbiest you would have cast a spell and gotten your perfect weather for Boston

Sorry a character on Grimm - My DD#1 and I watch every week - I have gotten bored with the show - But it is time together.

Hexenbiest

Posted by Grimm Guide

Posted November 12, 2011 at 02:30

German: Witch bitch

A Hexenbiest is a witch-like creature that resembles a demon or goblin. They work at the
                        command of royalty and are extremely loyal creatures. Untransformed, they can be identified by a dark birthmark on the underside of their tongues. These witches are known for concocting powerful spells, including potent love potions. Partnered with her seductive qualities and beautiful untransformed appearance, these potions put any man completely at her mercy. The only way to truly defeat a Hexenbiest is to make her consume the blood of a Grimm, rendering her powerless

Sorry Ben - Now you know the truth

Oh, that is GOLD.

MTA: What WG posted, that is.

If you were a Hexenbiest you would have cast a spell and gotten your perfect weather for Boston

On my last run in town before I left for Boston (which was Friday the 13th) I ran through a trail that I usually use on my way out and on my way back from a run. I ran upon some actual witches doing some sort of spell or something. I nodded and smiled, which isn't really something I do but I thought it would be safest given the weather reports. They were even doing that weird cackling sound.

They must not have enjoyed the interruption. I didn't go that way on the way back. I heard them cackling for at least another half mile.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Man. Nobody that i've told about the witches really seems to give a shit.