3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Eight mile tempo at 550 pace. Fastest Ever!

Solid effort right there.  It's almost like your throwing in some marathon training.....

Nice tempo work Parklife!  That's quick.

Eight mile tempo at 550 pace. Fastest Ever!

heh.. marathon.. only a pipe dream.

But, if Im only running 50 mpw, I've found that longer tempo efforts really help.

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

C-R

Well it appears I can run again. Building slowly. No more than 4 days per week and all on grass or trails.  got a good 5 miles on XC course tonight at 845 pace. slow but felt great on the legs

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Well it appears I can run again. Building slowly. No more than 4 days per week and all on grass or trails.  got a good 5 miles on XC course tonight at 845 pace. slow but felt great on the legs

But that's the best kind of running. Running on roads make us lazy.

C-R

But that's the best kind of running. Running on roads make us lazy.

I'm thinking you are correct on this. Time will tell.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

200+ miles for the month.

Been nearly 3 years since I clocked that much. And I feel good.

Onward!

DoppleBock

Nice -

You have a lot of doomsday clocks counting down on your log

The only doom approaching me in the distance is Monkey ... I am hoping to break with the tradition of every other year and come down again in 2017.  I am diappointed that I sucked too much to run in 2016.

200+ miles for the month.

Been nearly 3 years since I clocked that much. And I feel good.

Onward!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hope you make it. And I hope you can run. And I hope I can run as well. I missed the last three monkeys. Makes me kind of sad, though it is fun to sit back and drink beer while everyone else is suffering. The other two doomsday clocks are crazy stupid hard 50 K races

C-R

Nicely done.

I crossed over 100 miles for the month for the first time since last Feb. 32 day streak of slow running but the plan is holding.

I've stopped beer and soda. Yeah I've lost it but I need to find it.

DoppleBock

Is Wiskey, Scotch, Vodka still on your list or is that all alcohol?

I really enjoy alcohol ... but I do not enjoy being fat and out of shape.

I've stopped beer and soda. Yeah I've lost it but I need to find it.

C-R

Bourbon and red wine are still on but limited. Beer although heavenly has too many carbs.

Is Wiskey, Scotch, Vodka still on your list or is that all alcohol?

I really enjoy alcohol ... but I do not enjoy being fat and out of shape.

Feeling the growl again

12 mile progression topping out at 9mph…essentially, the faster end of my easy pace 2 years ago.

So was it good?  Well, I did it, I worked hard, and left little in reserve.  So I guess.  But it still sucks.

I finished the month with another incremental increase over the prior month, a nice trend I've had going on for about 9 months now.  But at 180 miles, it's still pathetic.

I need to decrease the 0's.  Those are my real issue.  That and lose 20lbs.  I had a good diet day today.  Perhaps tomorrow I can make it 2.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

My issue is I cannot limit. If I get a bottle of Vodka ... I drink Vodka, unitl I do not have a bottle of Vodka.

I have a foolish thought that I can avoid alcohol for a month - February is the shortest month so it begins.  We will see how long I can last.

Bourbon and red wine are still on but limited. Beer although heavenly has too many carbs.

DoppleBock

Maybe the new normal will be 200-250 miles per month and your job as chief strategist is to figure out how to use that to you maximum value?

I am making choices:  Saturday I should have run prior to us leaving at 8:00 for the basketball tourney, I didn't.  When the parents wanted to do out for the 1st time (all but one showed up) - we went.  I knew it would mean a "0".  Sunday - I skipped her Volleyball tournament (It has been 3 weekends in a row for Volleyball) and ran a really long one.

I just need to get faster to run less time.

12 mile progression topping out at 9mph…essentially, the faster end of my easy pace 2 years ago.

So was it good?  Well, I did it, I worked hard, and left little in reserve.  So I guess.  But it still sucks.

I finished the month with another incremental increase over the prior month, a nice trend I've had going on for about 9 months now.  But at 180 miles, it's still pathetic.

I need to decrease the 0's.  Those are my real issue.  That and lose 20lbs.  I had a good diet day today.  Perhaps tomorrow I can make it 2.