3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

DoppleBock

Nice weekend - I hope you are feeling good 

I ran just over 50 miles over the Easter 4 day weekend.  Thats a long long way for me...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Brought out the good ole progression run today.  This is still one of my favorite workouts.  After a 2 mi warmup, started the progression at 6:30 and dropped 10 sec per mile for 6 miles.  Was happy with the splits but disappointed in the pacing.  Too much all over the place.  A couple of months ago, I was on average of +/- 2 sec from each split.  Not today.  Only reference points were 1/2 mi markers on the trail.  Splits were 6:23, 6:23, 6:08, 5:53, 5:46, 5:34.  Progression runs are by far my favorite workout. 

DoppleBock

Nice thing about progression runs you get to touch all the paces 5k - marathon in the same run. 

Brought out the good ole progression run today.  This is still one of my favorite workouts.  After a 2 mi warmup, started the progression at 6:30 and dropped 10 sec per mile for 6 miles.  Was happy with the splits but disappointed in the pacing.  Too much all over the place.  A couple of months ago, I was on average of +/- 2 sec from each split.  Not today.  Only reference points were 1/2 mi markers on the trail.  Splits were 6:23, 6:23, 6:08, 5:53, 5:46, 5:34.  Progression runs are by far my favorite workout. 

DoppleBock

I was on the fence at lunch between a nap and a easy 7 miler - I chose poorly and I am beat and I have a church council meeting from 7-9 tonight.  I will be fighting the head bob all meeting.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

9.2 miles. 8:22 pace overall, with the last mile sub-8. Felt conversational the entire way. 10 days after my 100k.

Rollin rollin rollin...

C-R

9.2 miles. 8:22 pace overall, with the last mile sub-8. Felt conversational the entire way. 10 days after my 100k.

Rollin rollin rollin...

Cool.

I had a nice trail run yesterday where I encountered a 10 ft alligator. I gave me a sprint to the finish part during the workout.

Actually it was a good 20 yards away but sure looked like it was right on top of me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You should have caught him for the BBQ next weekend.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

A Saucy Wench

Well tough.  I'm saying it anyway.  I can do real dips.  I'm still overweight and I can do real dips. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

Well tough.  I'm saying it anyway.  I can do real dips.  I'm still overweight and I can do real dips. 

Nice.  And I started a thread for you.  Since Finn got one for beer I thought it only fair.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Since Finn got one for beer I thought it only fair.

12 oz weights are my specialty so I deserved that thread.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

You should have caught him for the BBQ next weekend.

thought about that but not sure I could bring it on the plane home. You heard of Snakes on Planes well I think Gators on Planes would be cool too.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Did I mention we now have a bar at work that starts serving at 4pm...50 yards down the hall from me....I saw at least 3 Sun King taps when I walked by, I will need to stop in and take a closer look.  A bit pricey though.  I might have to start with 12oz and work up to pints.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

So that's your low weight/high rep regimine.  When your looking to bulk up, you jump up to 16 oz, right?

Feeling the growl again

Given my rollercoaster confidence this year, I needed this one.

6 mile tempo 32:18.  Felt like nothing much until the last mile, then it felt like my normal tempo effort.  Nice last workout before a marathon.  

Nice work - good luck with your marathon.

A good week for me.  Lots and lots and lots of kms.  Biggest week ever (by quite a way).  And I feel good.  A bit tired to be honest.  But good.