3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

I did a workout today.  I have no idea if it was a good workout. It had some hard running and I ran more than I normally do Mon-Fri. 

I don't know what the purpose of it was except to do some faster running mixed into a longer run.

Oh, and you did a 2 hr run just a few days ago.  Welcome back!  Remember, it's a workout only if you feel the "good" hurt.  Hopefully you did.

Yeah, I did. But you know how they say every workout should have a purpose? I guess mine technically had a purpose, but I could not tell you why I did that workout and why I did it today.  I guess maybe my reason was specific enough for someone at my level.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

every workout only has one purpose.... to make you faster.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran 400s with a running buddy today. Ran 1:08.22 on the fourth -- looked it up in my log just now and my open 400 PR is 1:08, so now I'm feeling confident I can get a 400 PR this summer. And yeah, I skipped the 5th & 6th ones, because I was tired.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I'm not running "workouts" as such. But some might have to come in the next couple of weeks. But today I had a nice run. Not quick by anyone's standards - but it was good: warm, no wind, pouring with rain, muddy hills. I could feel the love for the hills coming back.

I could feel the love for the hills coming back.

Nice.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Glad to know your legs are coming back to what your heart never forgot. 

DoppleBock

Recently while log-stalking you, I did notice that you are starting to make a move 

I'm not running "workouts" as such. But some might have to come in the next couple of weeks. But today I had a nice run. Not quick by anyone's standards - but it was good: warm, no wind, pouring with rain, muddy hills. I could feel the love for the hills coming back.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Recently while log-stalking you, I did notice that you are starting to make a move 

I was thinking about Mr. Purdey this morning.  I thought, "Did this 'injured' guy run a ho-hum 70-mile week recently?"

Looks like the answer is 77 miles, to be exact.

I look my best blurry!

Today I made my streak 100 days long. Hard to believe. Yesterday I had an awesome workout. Today's workout was just OK. I'm thinking about taking tomorrow off. Lol!

It's been a so-so week...had hopes of doing more but work stuff got in the way and then the daughter's softball a couple of nights a week.  I'll tell ya, trying to herd 15 first graders is like herding cats.  It's been fun seeing them get better though.  Back to running...almost 70 last week (69.2).  Had plans of starting to work in strides this week as the hammy is feeling fine.  Did good one day and then felt like a slug for a progression run last night.  Did 1.5 easy then 3xmile continuously with increasing pace (5:59, 5:49, 5:43).  Aerobically I felt fine but legs just weren't there.  Tried to do some strides afterwards but bailed as it just seemed like I was doing a fast jog.

Warrior dash on Saturday and a long run on Sunday.  Still some good running left this week!

Purdey

Self anointed title

I tend to get scared when DB stalks me. I feel like the prey of the great hunter.

To be honest, I've only be messing around with it for the past few weeks. No real consistency or purpose. That REALLY has to change. NOW. And I'm still fat. Not waterpark fat, but still wouldn't meet the Candice-approval.

DoppleBock

I am 15 1/2 stone - So at least you can point me out in a crowd and say "I'm not fat ... look at that guy, now that's a fat guy!"

I have this theory that as long as a woman can find another woman fatter than she is, she at least has that going for her.  Now the fattest woman in the world doesn't give a shit, because she tried to be the fattest women in the world for  the attention.  In this way womankink remains in a perverted balance and the world does not blow up.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

womankink ... perverted balance

Freud much?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Purdey

Self anointed title

I am 15 1/2 stone - So at least you can point me out in a crowd and say "I'm not fat ... look at that guy, now that's a fat guy!"

You are also about 2 ft taller than me!