3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

C-R

Oh yeah

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Sweet!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Sweet!

BTW...I finally got into my file today...in addition to all the PT he recommended, he more or less called for the Sacro Wedgy without using the name.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good for you, spaniel!

steph  

Village people

Nice, spaniel! Great to see Rocken kickin some butt!

I have had some great runs over the past few weeks. It took some effort, but I managed to hit a weekly PR of 60. I feel great!

Had a good workout Saturday, did 18 miles with 3 miles marathon pace after a warm-up, 5 x 1k at 10k pace, then another 3 miles marathon pace, and a few miles to finish.  Felt like a really good session towards the marathon in April.

Had a great Sunday morning workout.  78+ miles.  Felt great.

First hour was 16.7 mph (lower HR, warm up)

2nd hour was about 18 mph.

3rd hour was about 18.5 mph

4th hour was about 18.75 mph.

It was an endurance ride not a musculare endurance ride, and was riden as I scripted in the days leading up to it.

Getting ready for IM Texas (61 more days to race day).

(Yes, those 78 were on the bike, not on my feet).

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

ha.. Ken.. that was WR pace!

RR.. you look ready to crush anything right now. I can hardly run 18 all easy right now.

My last w/o.. 6 x 3 min on / off. Rolling hills.. so not sure how relevant pace is.. but the effort was there. Tried to keep it relaxed.. funny how doing that actually makes me run faster.

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

I need to drop by here more often... glad to see you're running Spaniel.  KerCanDo, good job on the bike.  61 days is not far away!!

Nice job RR and Parklife.

Glad to see Rocken running again!! Looks like good news all around!

Yesterday was my last race pace brick before the big duathlon on April 6.  I had planned a 2mile run/15.3 mile bike/1 mile run, with most of the run routes on a gravel trail because part of the race (.75 miles of the 5k) will be on a trail.

My plan was to run a 7:20 pace for the first two miles, ride a hard paced bike leg, then run the last mile at or faster than 7:20.  This was the plan because I felt the last brick had been too fast on the first run and didn't really feel good on the bike or second run.

I ended up feeling really good on the run, and just went with it. Averaged 7:06 for 2 miles (faster pace than my last 5k); 21.9 mph on the bike; and finished with a 6:57 mile.

My 5k PR is 21:45, and none of it was on a gravel trail.  One thing I did that made a difference on this workout.. I skipped a planned workout because my body felt beat up.  I hardly ever do this, but it's amazing what rest will do for you.

kcam

Did a 60 X 400 workout at mile race pace this morning.  I prolly could have mustered another one but I've heard you shouldn't over-run your workouts.    Should I be worried about blood in my urine?

Walk-Jogger

Did a 60 X 400 workout at mile race pace this morning.  I prolly could have mustered another one but I've heard you shouldn't over-run your workouts.    Should I be worried about blood in my urine?

Ken, that sounds like the perfect workout to start off the month of APRIL!  15 miles at mile pace!

Retired &  Loving It

Damn, Ken, wish I was there to give you a pat on the ass.  Just like it was for me, I thought.

And speaking of which, I had a fairly nice 12x400 workout last SAT after failing to work out arrangements to be able to race.  Averaged a second under target, left feeling I had more to give.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

DAMN!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I think someone is pulling our leg.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.