3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Oh God...are you kidding me? I have to be afraid of cougars too when i'm running in N. Wisc??? Cougars aren't even nocturnal. I'm screwed any time of day.

DoppleBock

I think they look for the fat girls, so you should be fine. 

Oh God...are you kidding me? I have to be afraid of cougars too when i'm running in N. Wisc??? Cougars aren't even nocturnal. I'm screwed any time of day.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Andy - Luckily I am a frequent viewer of Manswers, so I will just use the valuable knowledge from that show to save myself.

You read my blog, didn't you?

Yes. You're a honey badger.  You can kill a cougar.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Cougars aren't even nocturnal. I'm screwed any time of day.

Cougars are cats....they are very comfortable hunting at night.  Most game cam pics I have seem of them on the prowl were taken at night with IR or flash.

I would not be afraid of them in WI.  Despite growing sightings all over the midwest, there has not been a single attack.  As I eluded to in my prior post there are clear reasons behind why most of the cats who commit attacks out west do so, and these reasons don't really exist out east.  I spend a lot of time in the woods each fall and while I know there are a few cougars around here I don't think about it at all.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Andy - Luckily I am a frequent viewer of Manswers, so I will just use the valuable knowledge from that show to save myself.

Ha, nice.  I'm sure they covered how to strangle one with its own tail?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Cougars are cats....they are very comfortable hunting at night.  Most game cam pics I have seem of them on the prowl were taken at night with IR or flash.

I would not be afraid of them in WI.  Despite growing sightings all over the midwest, there has not been a single attack.  As I eluded to in my prior post there are clear reasons behind why most of the cats who commit attacks out west do so, and these reasons don't really exist out east.  I spend a lot of time in the woods each fall and while I know there are a few cougars around here I don't think about it at all.

Yes I know they are cats. I also know even though they hunt mostly at night, they are out during the day as well.  Unlike the timberwolves...

What you do not understand is recently I ran away from a fox. A harmless little fox.  Just knowing they exist where i'm running in seclusion is enough for me.

And Nads doesn't read thoroughly...I cannot kill a cougar. Just a homeless man.

Feeling the growl again

Yes I know they are cats. I also know even though they hunt mostly at night, they are out during the day as well.  Unlike the timberwolves...

What you do not understand is recently I ran away from a fox. A harmless little fox.  Just knowing they exist where i'm running in seclusion is enough for me.

And Nads doesn't read thoroughly...I cannot kill a cougar. Just a homeless man.

Guess it was easy to misinterpret the "cougars aren't even nocturnal" part by about 180 degrees.  Sorry.  It's been one of those days....

My 20 year old son came home for the weekend from the Twin Cities and told us that he and his friends like to go clubbing on the weekends. He said the Cougars are definately out in full force at night and stalk their victims with reckless abandon. They attack and try to lure the cubs back to their dens

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

DoppleBock

Although I am really slow - I can outrun those kind of cougars when they are wearing high heals on the technical trails.

DoppleBock

Funny it was something like ... blah, blah, blah and then bite them as hard as you can on their tail, blah, blah, blah - So I am sure I am covered 

Ha, nice.  I'm sure they covered how to strangle one with its own tail?

Guess it was easy to misinterpret the "cougars aren't even nocturnal" part by about 180 degrees.  Sorry.  It's been one of those days....

Well, it was my bad wording...

I read between the lines.  You are a honey badger. You can kill anything, even 3:00:00.

DoppleBock

DNS - I got out to my truck @ 4:30 (Right on schedule) - Could not find my headlamp - Went home, gave up after 90 minutes of searching.  I had it when I left for Grandmas - I am thinking I left it at my hosts house.  I will have to buy a new one or 2 today.

I think it was a good thing (Beside me being crabby for a couple of hours) - I ran an easy 7 lst night and 13 this morning - The 13 easy this AM took a lot out of me (6# of sweat loss) - I will retry next Monday - I am taking 1/2 day of vacation to cruise these trails for 6-8 hours. 

Enjoy the goodness 

I am looking forward to wandering 5-6 hours all alone in the woods tonight.

There is still some debate if WI has cougars or not - Most are convinced we do ... It is one of the only animals that hunt humans.  although this time of year the food sources are plentiful ... but then again DB would make a big juicy meal.  Usually in the middle of the woods after dark, there is a time when all the normal nightime critter noises fall silent, these are the times I get a weird sensation that I am being stalked.  Kindof like running through a large cemetary late on a moonless night - Its fun to be spooked.  Every once in awhile I look back with my headlamp expecting to see a set of eyes following ... stalking me.

http://www.badgerlandstriders.org/DefaultFilePile/images/GT50/GT50map.pdf

About an hour away from my house and all part of the Northern Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Park - Mauthe Lake to Pamell Tower - Reload on h20 and back to Mauthe Lake - Reload on fuel and then and out and back to New Fane.  If the Wolves, Bears or Cougars do not get me, I should be back home in bed by 1:30 am.

I will be lucky to make 10 minute miles on this hilly, technical single track.

My favorite run of the week!

6 pounds, eh?

Who knows how many I lost today. There was a puddle on the floor behind the treadmill.  I once took a Nuun tab before a workout and I could have sworn I sweat less than normal.  Does that make sense?

You find S-Caps to be better than Nuun, if I recall.