3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

L Train

S-Caps are definitely helping my summer running, such as it is.

Feeling the growl again

What is the best place to order S-Caps?  I want to try these.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

http://www.succeedscaps.com/main_scaps.html

Wow the price has went up a lot ... Last time I think I ordered a case for 60ish dollars and free shipping

I am down to my last 2-3 bottles -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I am a S-cap person.  When I run longer runs I eat one every 30 minutes.

I can tell I am currently low on salt - Since I have only been doing shorter runs. 

6 pounds, eh?

Who knows how many I lost today. There was a puddle on the floor behind the treadmill.  I once took a Nuun tab before a workout and I could have sworn I sweat less than normal.  Does that make sense?

You find S-Caps to be better than Nuun, if I recall.   

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

That workout destroyed me. I was out of it for hours after. Hit all the splits dead on except for the last one...just couldn't turn over fast enough anymore. Never seemed to recover in the recovery jog after the 4th 1k...which is funny, because at first the 800m recoveries felt way too long.

Running Warehouse has 'em HERE.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

That workout destroyed me. I was out of it for hours after. Hit all the splits dead on except for the last one...just couldn't turn over fast enough anymore. Never seemed to recover in the recovery jog after the 4th 1k...which is funny, because at first the 800m recoveries felt way too long.

Just hard or was it heat-related?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

http://www.succeedscaps.com/main_scaps.html

Wow the price has went up a lot ... Last time I think I ordered a case for 60ish dollars and free shipping

I am down to my last 2-3 bottles -

Ordered, thanks.  This was the cheapest I found.

But WTF....$0.16/capsule (including shipping) for SALT....and vegetarian too, I don't even get a hamburger stuffed in there....

Me, too. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

You did them on the treadmill!  I think I'd die if I tried.  That is seriously hardcore....

Just hard or was it heat-related?

I dunno. It was hot in the gym. I was really dizzy when I stopped and I couldn't see very well for a few minutes. But also just hard.

You did them on the treadmill!  I think I'd die if I tried.  That is seriously hardcore....

Yea, there were thunderstorms yesterday. Seems like it's been that way for the past few weeks when its time to do a workout....ugh. I'm supposed to be going to the track with the race team i'm on but we haven't because of rain and people running marathons and stuff.

Feeling the growl again

My foot got a good workout today.  I sent that little shit trailer park dog on about a 270 degree spin, he came in at the perfect synch with my stride and I connected solidly.  I was a little worried his owner's son was going to kick my ass over it, given that the 10-yr-old had a good 30lbs on me, but I got away cleanly.  There was some yelling as I cleared the scene but it's hard to understand people without teeth.  It seems it's a different group of dogs that comes after me every time I pass there, at least it wasn't pit bulls this time.

Curiously, I was shocked to find that in the several months since I last ran past there someone put in a good sized vineyard right next to the trailer park.

Ben and I had a lovely run in with a pit bull when visiting my mom in TN a couple of months ago. Rednecks and their lack of responsible pet ownership.

but it's hard to understand people without teeth.  

That's frickin hilarious!  I about spit my beer out laughing reading that.