3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Introduction (Read 369 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am a lost and confused soul. I spent my entire youth and adolescence a sensitive soul. I carried around with me a mental model of myself as a sweetheart, a romantic, a lover of music and verse, art and movies. Paul Simon's Graceland spoke to me, Steve Martin's Roxanne made me laugh as much as Depardieu's Cyrano made me sob. I gave up meat because killing animals for food was cruel. I learned French, I perfected a recipe for chocolate chip cookies, and I identified with Opus.

Then one day, many years later, I woke up to find I was wrong.

Where I thought I was Seymour Krelborn, I turned out to be Orin Scrivello, D.D.S.

I found myself drawn to a sport filled with masochists, only to create something terribly sadistic to rope them in. And this year it even rained there. And I took great delight in their suffering. Just as they did.

And I prefer high gravity, overly hoppy, crazy bitter and fiery beers.

I am lost.

Can you help?

Prince of Fatness

I am lost.

Can you help?

Help is on the way.  Just be home tomorrow evening.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Trent?

In the Hurtlocker?

Can you handle it?

I think you need a Beer Mile.  You haven't seen masochistic yet, buddy.  Hills are nothing.  THIS is pain:

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Wad up Opus

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

I am lost.

Can you help?

Go to the top of Luke Lea at midnight.  Await further instructions.  Keep waiting.  Someone will be there to help you but they might be late.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ostrich runner

Give me your lunch money.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Hawt and sexy

Who the fuck is THIS guy?

I'm touching your pants.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Spaniel, are you making fun of my less than manly ability to chug cheap nasty ass beer and run grandma like paces around a bumpy tractor mowed backyard 1/4 mile track?

Welcome to the Hurtlocker Monkey King!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel, are you making fun of my less than manly ability to chug cheap nasty ass beer 

Yes.  Whether it be through shape or a better choice in beer, I figure we'll make you faster this year.

I may just ban MGD after last year.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yes.  Whether it be through shape or a better choice in beer, I figure we'll make you faster this year.

I'm pretty sure I'm in better shape now we just need better beer. I've gotta a least beat Tanya's time. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Kalsarikännit

Depending on the rules you play by, that may not be a bad idea.  It is only 4.7%

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I am a lost and confused soul. I spent my entire youth and adolescence a sensitive soul. I carried around with me a mental model of myself as a sweetheart, a romantic, a lover of music and verse, art and movies. Paul Simon's Graceland spoke to me, Steve Martin's Roxanne made me laugh as much as Depardieu's Cyrano made me sob. I gave up meat because killing animals for food was cruel. I learned French, I perfected a recipe for chocolate chip cookies, and I identified with Opus.

Then one day, many years later, I woke up to find I was wrong.

Where I thought I was Seymour Krelborn, I turned out to be Orin Scrivello, D.D.S.

I found myself drawn to a sport filled with masochists, only to create something terribly sadistic to rope them in. And this year it even rained there. And I took great delight in their suffering. Just as they did.

I am lost.

Can you help?

Like. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Ostrich runner

Could we do a beer mile with pinch drinkers? 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum