3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Out of running (Read 80 times)

for a bit. I've been having issue's with my running as of late. I've been feeling like how I feel during the beginning of a recovery after a hard interval. I've been wearing my HR monitor during some of the runs and my heart rate never gets near high enough to make me feel like I do. Anyway believe it or not I stopped after 3 miles today and called my husband to pick me up. I told him how I felt and he asked me if it could possibly be anemia? Apparently when after my elbow surgery they did some blood work and found that my  hemoglobin was low. All they did at the time was a rectal exam to make sure I wasn't bleeding from there.

Anyhoo I was thinking about getting some liquid iron but decided I should probably wait until I go see my doctor next Tuesday and see what my levels were when they tested and what he wants to do. So until Tuesday I will be doing my best NOT to run

MTA: found my test results and it looks like my Hemoglobin, Hematrocrit, WBC, RBC, and Platelet count were low. Not sure how much or if any of it were due to the IV fluid

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

Man oh man. You've had a scheisse 2013. I hope it gets better so you can get some payback in 2014.

Hang tough rocken (as if there were a doubt)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Man oh man. You've had a scheisse 2013. I hope it gets better so you can get some payback in 2014.

+1

And good good luck with it, Pam.

steph  

Me too! And as far as hang tough, it's getting harder and harder but I'm not done trying!

I "talked" to Trent and the results from hospital may or may not be from dilution however I've got a call into my doctor about getting another CBC this week so we'll have the results for my appointment on Tuesday.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

+1

And good good luck with it, Pam.

Thanks Steph!

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully if it is anemia it is managable.  My wife is also a runner with a mild case of anemia and iron supplements pretty much negates her condition except for once a month.  At her worst the symptoms were light headed,dizziness, and excessive fatigue.

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully if it is anemia it is managable.  My wife is also a runner with a mild case of anemia and iron supplements pretty much negates her condition except for once a month.  At her worst the symptoms were light headed,dizziness, and excessive fatigue.

I've been dealing with excessive fatigue for awhile as well as headache's and dizzyiness. I'm hoping it's anemia but with so much going on with my body it's hard to tell. Having to curtail my running just TOTALLY sucks!  I MAY be reaching at straws

C-R

Hey Pam - this is not a sunshine up the skirt post but your situation reminds me of something in my past athletic career. I was in golf like Spaniel and Schneider are in running (just on the edge of that super elite world). So I followed people I competed against very closely.

Anyway, there was a pro from Spain who for years suffered with back issues. This dude won several majors and was ranked #1 for several years. His back got so bad he could barely stand. No doc seemed to determine the issues and he was faced with major surgery that was very risky for his future. Long story short - he kept looking and asking. Found a doc that really knew his shit and determined it was a foot and lower leg issue. Treated that and he came back to win a couple of more majors and Ryder cups.

So, hang in there. There is a doc that will find the solution. Just keep looking and soon enough you'll be running long and racing fast again.

Ok, that's enough syrup from me today as I don't want to cause insulin shock in here.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

Jeez so sorry to hear this.  It sounded like you had finally rounded the corner.  Hoping you get it figured out soon.

Jeez so sorry to hear this.  It sounded like you had finally rounded the corner.  Hoping you get it figured out soon.

What he said ^^^^^. Hope you get this figured out soon.

Prince of Fatness

And as far as hang tough, it's getting harder and harder but I'm not done trying!

Truer words have never been spoken.  Hope you get this all sorted out.

Not at it at all. 

+2.  Not sure how you could have anemia -- I thought you were made of iron!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Get better soon - awful luck in 2013 so it figures 2014 owes you.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

+2.  Not sure how you could have anemia -- I thought you were made of iron!

I like this ^

Hang in there Rocken.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I like this ^

Hang in there Rocken.

Thanks!!

Well blood tests are all normal now which is good news. I did hear of a possible diagnosis that I was told not to dismiss it by the last neurologist I saw. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have a sleep study set up for the beginning of January (dh just changed jobs so dealing with insurance issue's) and my doctor is consulting with the one neurologist in the area that specializes in sleep disorders). IF for some reason my sleep study looks wonderful he'll be sending me to either Penn St or Hopkins.

Apparently my love of running/biking and working out may be my biggest problem/obstacle . I'm not good at finding balance. Anyway guess I better start

MTA: Still getting sleep study done in early Feb  however I got a call from my doctor in December. Apparently he has a new suspicion (not sure how he got to it but will find out when I see him this month) myasthenia gravis.  I really hate getting my hopes up that I may finally have a true diagnosis but this ties everything I've dealt with over the past few years INCLUDING problems with certain medications together. Fingers crossed!