3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

C-R

Jeebus this sounds more like a weather thread.

and talk to me about age when you get to my neighborhood.

Now get off my lawn and go run.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

obsessor

Not as old as you. heh

38, but the my days of hard workouts day after day are long over. I could still pump out some high mileage if I wanted. I am not that sure I could do much quality work though. Unless we count long runs. If we count those, then I can do tons of quality.

I am 38. My birthday is late in the year. I surmise you are older than I. But you are not the hell old enough to call yourself old. I just have this to say: Ed Whitlock. And, also Alex Ratelle. Or, if you don't like that; Joanie. (ok, spelling looks wrong.) Or, Sabra Harvey. 

obsessor

Not as old as you. heh

38, but the my days of hard workouts day after day are long over. I could still pump out some high mileage if I wanted. I am not that sure I could do much quality work though. Unless we count long runs. If we count those, then I can do tons of quality.

What you can do is usually a bit more than what you think you can do.

obsessor

38 can't be old because it is too close for me.

We'll see if I can do anything close to what I did at 28, at 32.  I already know my heat tolerance is worse.

Hmmmm. I have somehow convinced myself my heat tolerance has gone up with age. MHR is less. Overall muscle mass should be less, generating less heat. Toughness should be greater.

But I am not sure. Maybe you should let me continue to delude myself.

Hawt and sexy

Anda's man is flirting wiff me. heh Big grin

I just don't feel right. It could be a lot of things, but my age is sure catching up with me. I guess you can't out run it after all. If I keep moving, I know I'm not dead.

I'm touching your pants.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I am going to make a run at one of my all-time ultra goals.

This needs expansion.

obsessor

This needs expansion.

Not yet. 

Purdey

Self anointed title

Non ducor, duco.

I just don't feel right. It could be a lot of things, but my age is sure catching up with me. I guess you can't out run it after all. If I keep moving, I know I'm not dead.

He doesn't flirt. He just claims his women straight out. 

38 isn't old but 39 can feel old when you're stiff. 

My dream is to fuck with people's heads  when I tell them Im 40. In the spirit of Sabra. 

The speed I want at 39 and 40 is all about more flexibility. This go around, I am gonna fix that issue .

MrH

My dream is to fuck with people's heads  when I tell them Im 40. 

Heh ... my DW and her track buddies compete in some of the college meets, and can put together a decent relay team. First the college girls are bemused when they see some wrinklies lining up against them. Then you should see the look of horror on their faces when the college girls get beaten by folks older than their mothers.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

obsessor

Despite my endless inadequacy and unworthiness, I am quite taken. And, you scare me.

Feeling the growl again

My dream is to fuck with people's heads  when I tell them Im 40. In the spirit of Sabra. 

The speed I want at 39 and 40 is all about more flexibility. This go around, I am gonna fix that issue .

What's up with the name change?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, then.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Non ducor, duco.

What's up with the name change?

This is my name. Duh. 

I dunno. I just wanted to be me again. 

obsessor

Well, then.

She'd spank you, Nader. Get after it.