3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Feeling the growl again

I'm trying to hurt, it's not working out so far.  Cut very short yesterday, cut short just when I was going to crank the pace tonight.  Perhaps 30+ miles over the weekend?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Ok, that's weird because I am working on my flexibility this season too. I am way too stiff.Once I realized that I couldn't touch my toes, I needed to fix that.

I sker everybody. heh But I am on the sauce tonight, so that just makes me silly.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Ok, that's weird because I am working on my flexibility this season too. I am way too stiff.Once I realized that I couldn't touch my toes, I needed to fix that.

Don't you have a man slave to help with that?

I'm on the sauce too, so excuse my assholishness.  Absolut 100 martini, Sam Adams Octoberfest....aged Canadian scotch swirling to chill...

FUCK, I have to get up at 5am to run so I quit getting yanked off the treadmill prematurely....Gonna hurt....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

She'd spank you, Nader. Get after it.

Getting. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

C-R

You damn people. I ran a little faster today (probably where I should be running all the time) and as a result discovered I have weak damn legs (quads and hams in particular). My shuffle run is sucks and if I want to get faster I better run properly. But it's gonna hurt. I know I will be a little sore after today but it will be worth it in April.

Buttheads the whole lots of ya.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

You damn people. I ran a little faster today (probably where I should be running all the time) and as a result discovered I have weak damn legs (quads and hams in particular). My shuffle run is sucks and if I want to get faster I better run properly. But it's gonna hurt. I know I will be a little sore after today but it will be worth it in April.

Buttheads the whole lots of ya.

Good.  Sore it up, heal, then sore it up again.  I sored up last weekend, am doing better now, and will try to run at least 44 miles Fri-Sun to sore up again.

Feeling the growl again

C-R called this place The Hurtlocker today.  I think it fits and we should be "2000+ miles in the Hurtlocker" or just "The Hurtlocker" since we need no affiliation with the swamp any longer.  Seems to be what half of us plan on doing to ourselves this year.

Hawt and sexy

I am so tired. Ugh. You all suck.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Quit hiding your log and we might know why.

Wink

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just want to be past the darkness turnaround, so it's going the right way again.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

stop abusiing the manslave then

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hawt and sexy

Dude, I am going way too slow to be this tired. Oh wait. Maybe that's why I'm so fucking tired. Jeebus.

I'm touching your pants.

Andy, if you didn't spend most of your afternoon getting into meaningless debates on the main board, you could have gone longer on the TM and got yourself to the point of hurting...either that or crank it up until it hurts.

Feeling the growl again

Andy, if you didn't spend most of your afternoon getting into meaningless debates on the main board, you could have gone longer on the TM and got yourself to the point of hurting...either that or crank it up until it hurts.

Ha.  Well, I already ran faster than a jog twice this week so I have nothing to gain from it anyways, right?  Nah, I have a real job and family that have a habit of getting in the way, my wife has given more than she should to my running in the past so I don't feel right taking more from her now.  Grad school was easy to train exactly how I wanted to.  I just do what I can now.

One of the things that I find impressive about DB is that he does what he does with a full-time job and family.  

DoppleBock

One of the things that I find impressive about DB is that he does what he does with a full-time job and family.  

It does come at a hight cost

*  No time for other hobbies I love

*  It hits the doing stuff with friends hard 

*  I am only 75% the employee I could be

Living 3 miles from work and the rest of my little world helps - But duing the really big mileage weeks (150+) my family starts to pay the price too.

The other really bad thing is it is not sustainable ... meaning either I have to figure out how to be happy with 90-100 MPW max again or quit running in a year or 2.

DD#1 has her 1st basketball game of the year tongiht (10yo) - I will be there ... but then do I "Go to dinner with the family" or go for a long run?

I hate having to even entertain the descision - But work has been 12-14 hour days this week. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !