3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Feeling the growl again

. I can't stomach all this in between mediocrity crap. 

Nice.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

I tried to hurt myself today.  It did not work.  Must.  Cut.  Deeper.

Who will blink first....me or the treadmill...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

My treadmill blinked today. Tripped the breaker. Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

My left heel has started hurting.  Just a little, and tight in the morning when I wake up.

The problem with my main talent being the ability to take abuse is that I ran 70 mpw last week, pretty fast overall, and feel like I'm not doing nearly enough.  So I need to find more time to run or hit it harder.

Feeling the growl again

Sick kids getting me sick.  No run today.  Looks like I'll have to stack the weekend, hurt C-R and beef on Sunday I guess.

Ostrich runner

It's looking like a full week off for me between Tecumseh and this Saturday. I think I might run a lap of Westwood on Saturday and then try to make it out Sunday.  If I do, I bet I won't want to go more than about 9 pace. Which I'm sure you guys will quickly push me through with brutal mockery.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

Skipped my double tonight. I am such a pussy,

I will hit 70 this week though. First time evah! Bank on it.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

It's looking like a full week off for me between Tecumseh and this Saturday. I think I might run a lap of Westwood on Saturday and then try to make it out Sunday.  If I do, I bet I won't want to go more than about 9 pace. Which I'm sure you guys will quickly push me through with brutal mockery.

Pace may be irrelevant with several inches of fresh snow.  But we will hit 12-16 miles.  Either way we will mock you brutally.  That is just part of the process.  If it is cold and I don't have a caffeine headache we will make you hurt.  And, in the end, you will thank us.

I hit 70 last week.  I plan to hit 80 this week.  Goal is to bank 20 tomorrow, WITH a workout, to make up for today.

Feeling the growl again

My left heel has started hurting.  Just a little, and tight in the morning when I wake up.

This has continued to get worse and take longer to quit hurting.  It is now a dull ache for most of the day.  It is aggravated by my work shoes, I wish I could wear running shoes to work but that is a no-go.  I have a week or so until I am off until January though so I will get a break from that.  I will stay away from the flats for awhile but I will not reduce mileage until this actually turns into something broken.

This brings up compensation injuries.  Against my better judgement I put on flats for a treadmill workout today.  I think I was compensating and landing more on my toe than normal due to the heel and only a mile plus into my tempo I started getting shooting pains in my left shin.  I swapped back to trainers and just ran easy to finish the planned distance.

I need to get off the fucking treadmill.  And I hope in another couple weeks I am toughened up and this all goes away.  January is when the real hurt starts.

C-R

Let me tell you, its slick out there. Better the treadmill for another day or so.

I'm sore on most every run now. Building miles helps and doing doubles does too. One thing I like about doubles (besides wearing the same smelly clothes) is that your body doesn't get a chance to fully recover (well at least mine) and you feel the runs more.

Feeling the growl again

Let me tell you, its slick out there. Better the treadmill for another day or so.

I'm sore on most every run now. Building miles helps and doing doubles does too. One thing I like about doubles (besides wearing the same smelly clothes) is that your body doesn't get a chance to fully recover (well at least mine) and you feel the runs more.

Yeah.  I have to run in the AM tomorrow as I have a mandatory work outing in the PM and we're supposed to get clobbered overnight.  Maybe a 12 mile slog through 4-5 inches would be a good idea.

The thing I've been amazed by is even if I'm hurting (and I really was after yesterday's double!) how much quicker I recover now.  I ran an easy 10km at lunch today and although I was a bit slow and hurty to start, I eased in to it quite nicely after 2km or so and felt much better after than I did before (which I guess is perfect for a recovery run!)

At the end of yesterday I was really worried about being able to continue this - but I'm a lot more confident now.

Sorry to hear the weather is making it so much harder for you guys - we're settling nicely into summer here now.

Ostrich runner

I doing everything I can to loosen up my quad attachment and psoas.  Nothing really seems to be hitting it.  I still feel way undertrained to be doing HUFF, but I guess I at least have a legit long run in two weeks before the race with my 24 at Tecumseh.  CR, are you going up on Friday?  I think a couple of us are at least--it'd be an awfully early day for me otherwise.  

C-R

Nah. Planned on a 5 am drive up. It's only an hour and a half from here. That and I'm too cheap to pay for a hotel.

Ostrich runner

5 am is normal for you I guess.  Coming from the Westside, possible weather delay, possible delay at the gate, and my nocturnal nature make it a bad idea for me to go up Saturday.