3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Feeling the growl again

So, all my timers have been reset again. 

Well crap.  Hang in there bud....  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Sorry to hear that Kelly.  Hang on in there. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sorry to hear about your setback Kelly. Hopefully the doctors can get you back out there again soon.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Sorry to hear Kelly but it reads like you're attitude with this is positive and that means lots. Hang in there.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just a dude.

Thanks all... I'm actually feeling better faster after this second surgery. 

I'll get back at it soon enough... Hope everyone else is doing well... We need to not have the injury thread so popular... ;-)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Thanks all... I'm actually feeling better faster after this second surgery. 

I'll get back at it soon enough... Hope everyone else is doing well... We need to not have the injury thread so popular... ;-)

-Kelly

I just read about you're first ordeal today after reading your comments, not sure if I had my head up my ass or was just feeling sorry for myself and my running whhoas, but WOW, that is some scary-crazy stuff.

I'm wondering if you had any wierd HR episodes in the weeks, months beofer the crash? Like your heart was beating hard (you could see your chest moving with each beat) for no reason or anything out of the ordinary.

After reading your initial post, I'm rethinking my bike crash episode from last August. I'm still not sure exactly what caused me to crash and neither was the doctor. A race volunterr said I just fell over the bars and hit the pavement. Maybe I passed out like you did behind the wheel?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

TripleBock

I thought this was a thread on how hard we were training and not how we are injuring ourselves - Everyone heal up and then no more injuries!

PS - This the runner formerly known as DB

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

new training focus........new internet persona?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

I thought this was a thread on how hard we were training and not how we are injuring ourselves

Yup, it started out that way....probably need a creative injury thread...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yup, it started out that way....probably need a creative injury thread...

How about "I have hurt myself" or maybe "I'm an idiot" or Trent's favorite "Running is stupid"?

Speaking of which, went to see the doc today. Diagnosis is a tear in my peroneal tendon. They put me in a boot and I start 4 weeks of PT Wednesday. I feel like such an idiot.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

How about "I have hurt myself" or maybe "I'm an idiot" or Trent's favorite "Running is stupid"?

Speaking of which, went to see the doc today. Diagnosis is a tear in my peroneal tendon. They put me in a boot and I start 4 weeks of PT Wednesday. I feel like such an idiot.

Bloody hell.

Well, at least you got that way racing....and then racing again and refusing to drop out of a 5K.  Go big or go home.

That really sucks.  I guess you will not have time to perfect your beer downing speed for the beer mile...think of it as cross training.

C-R

Damn.

Perfect timing for a galiant return for the beer mile.

Heal up.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Free - one right leg for a 6'0 person.  Anyone want it?  It's pissed me off long enough and it isn't getting any better.  This weekend warrior running shit just doesn't cut it.

Speaking of which, went to see the doc today. Diagnosis is a tear in my peroneal tendon. They put me in a boot and I start 4 weeks of PT Wednesday.

Sorry to hear that, ra.  Hope it heals up quickly.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn.

Perfect timing for a galiant return for the beer mile.

Heal up.

Even if I'm still hobbling I can probably beat last year's time. Big grin