3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Feeling the growl again

Just run Huff.

Same trail, eh?  I didn't make the connection.  And all the years I've almost made Huff.....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Huff moved to that trail last year. Other years it wasn't. Right now I'm thinking my goal races are Heritage Trail, Huff, and the 50/100.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Huff moved to that trail last year. Other years it wasn't. Right now I'm thinking my goal races are Heritage Trail, Huff, and the 50/100.

Didn't Heritage used to use the more northern -- and more scenic - part of the trail near Battleground?  I've run that and I liked it, though I have wondered how the trail fared in a couple of the floods in recent years.  Even when I ran it years back there was a fair amount of work required to get around logs etc over the semi-maintained trail.  But it was beautiful.

I have never run it as far south as the Fort.  Seems much of it would be blah blah through Lafayette?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ostrich runner

It did move, but I've never done the trail. I heard that it might be a point to point this year, but it looks like it is still an out and back per the website. Wetness was a problem in the past, which is part of the reason they changed the date. I know the first year was really muddy, but times were still reasonably fast. 

an amazing likeness

My goal this week is to hurt every day.  

Discuss.

I haven't had a pain free run since Oct 2009. Chasing a PR on June 2nd, I ran hard enough that it I tore muscles and damaged stuff, took 2 weeks before I could jog again. I'll be lucky if I manage to log 100 miles run in June.

I'm fucked as a runner, can't do it. I'm a jogger. I'm close to done.

End of discussion.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Ostrich runner

I love running with the new stroller, but uphill into a headwind in 90 degree heat? Oof. I suppose the thing has to be making me stronger...I find hills quite strenuous after a couple minutes with the thing. 

Ostrich runner

End of discussion.

Ouch. What happened? 

Feeling the growl again

I haven't had a pain free run since Oct 2009. Chasing a PR on June 2nd, I ran hard enough that it I tore muscles and damaged stuff, took 2 weeks before I could jog again. I'll be lucky if I manage to log 100 miles run in June.

End of discussion.

Crap, I was traveling and missed this MT.

Hey, if you enjoy what you can do now that is a good thing...good enough?  You know, I keep thinking more and more lately that no matter how much I train or how much willpower I have there is stuff out of my control (apparently) that will prevent me from running even half decent times.  It is very frustrating.  A few years ago it would have been enough to stop me.  Now...I just look for other things in it that justify the time and effort.  So far, that has been enough.

C-R

End of discussion.

Take what running will give to you today and tomorrow not yesterday.

Personally, I think you should be chasing "post accident" PRs and damn the other stuff. It's inspiring how far you've come. Seriously.

Reset and reallign. But I get the frustration. It hits us all at some point.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

End of discussion.

Totally get this.  Totally.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

Apologies for the little fit.  All good advice...take what you can get being the key one. I guess it's a matter of adjusting to whatever 'what you can get without being in pain all the time' may be.....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

C-R

Did a workout at my high school track. Miles + stadium stairs. 88 degrees at 6am. It didn't seem that tough when I was 16. DAMN.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

An article about driving and racing like an idiot and a reasonable person. I need to start running like an idiot. Now if I can just quit getting sick all the time...

Feeling the growl again

An article about driving and racing like an idiot and a reasonable person.

Awesome.  This is why we are all idiots in here.  Beer Mile awards seem even more fitting now.

Got an ortho appointment for next Tuesday. Having MAJOR issue's in my right arm and am pretty sure that 2 nerves are compressed since my whole hand is going numb and having tingling sensations. I fell twice this past week , both times on the side that I got hit by the car last year. So far the only thing I have to deal with when I run is my hand spasming and a little aching in my elbow. I also have a swollen knee from the second fall however *knock on wood* it isn't  causing me any issue's when it comes to running.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson