3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Damn.  I hope that it clears up soon Pam.

steph  

Damn.  I hope that it clears up soon Pam.

Thanks Stephanie!

It won't be clearing up anytime soon. Just got back from the ortho. The muscles in both hands have really atrophied and I don't have much strength left in either of them. I go in for nerve testing next Thursday. The doctor thinks it's either the Ulnar nerve or C8. She also said that my fall didn't cause what's going on since things are too progressed. It also turns out that I started having the same issue's in my left hand 2 days ago. This SUCKS!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Thanks Stephanie!

It won't be clearing up anytime soon. Just got back from the ortho. The muscles in both hands have really atrophied and I don't have much strength left in either of them. I go in for nerve testing next Thursday. The doctor thinks it's either the Ulnar nerve or C8. She also said that my fall didn't cause what's going on since things are too progressed. It also turns out that I started having the same issue's in my left hand 2 days ago. This SUCKS!

Ah crap, Pam.  I really hope they get to the root cause.  Best of luck with the healing process.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ah crap, Pam.  I really hope they get to the root cause.  Best of luck with the healing process.

+1,000,000

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

The doctor thinks it's either the Ulnar nerve or C8.

Nerve problems suck.  I hope that you can get this figured out soon.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Sorry to hear Pam. Stay strong and get healthy.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nerve problems suck.  I hope that you can get this figured out soon.

Yes, very much so.

I had a problem with a nerve in my neck about ten years ago.  

I do hope that your's is as easily cleared up as mine was!

steph  

DoppleBock

Wow - Sorry about that crap! 

Thanks Stephanie!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

No way I am posting my little naggly issue now -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Ostrich runner

No way I am posting my little naggly issue now -

Nah, post a picture. What's her name?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Thanks guys! I now wish I hadn't posted about it in here. At the moment it isn't impinging on my running (*knock on wood*) just everything else in life. It could be much worse and I'm thankful that it isn't. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Thanks guys! I now wish I hadn't posted about it in here. At the moment it isn't impinging on my running (*knock on wood*) just everything else in life. It could be much worse and I'm thankful that it isn't. 

Well, it just shows that even idiots like us have proper perspective of where running fits into everything.  I will take an injury that only affects running over something like what you are struggling with any day.  I remember last year when I wrenched my back....I could run OK, but I could not pick up my kids.  I hated that more than the whole sports hernia thing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, it just shows that even idiots like us have proper perspective of where running fits into everything.  I will take an injury that only affects running over something like what you are struggling with any day.  I remember last year when I wrenched my back....I could run OK, but I could not pick up my kids.  I hated that more than the whole sports hernia thing.

When I was in my skiing accident that was probably the worst injury I've ever had to deal with. Nothing like not being able to take care of your 6 month old twins and having to depend on their grandparents. Took me around 4 years to recover from that injury.  That was a dark time in my life. 

Spaniel and Pam, hope you guys get well soon, Injuries suck.

I have a tingling/numness in my left thigh that I hope resolves soon (going on about a year now), and could feel it for the first time during a run this morning, and was wondering if I am making it worse by not taking some time off (like weeks not just a day or 2 off)

So I don't know what to make of the latest revelation.  I've been banged up since March and have not been consistent with cross training efforts as it drives me more batty than usual.  What started out below the (inside) knee in March has progressed down to the achilles for the past couple of months.  I saw a PT prior to a 2-week vacation at the end of June and have been trying to stay consistent with strength exercises and mixing in more XT-ing.

The one thing that I've been cognitive of is the age of shoes and how many miles I have on them.  I've bounced between the Wave Riders and Ghosts for the last couple of years and they have worked well for me.  From Nov-Feb, I had a pair of Wave Riders with 500+ miles on them and pair of Ghosts with nearly 300 miles.  I started up on a new pair of Ghosts about 75 miles ago.  My legs have shown little improvement.  It seems like a never ending cycle of feeling better to reverting back to where they've been.

Now, here I am last weekend.  I run easy on Saturday and Sunday and the legs were starting to feel their normal pain.  I pull out the Wave Riders with 500+ miles on them and wear them later on Sunday.  No running, just bumming around and legs felt remarkedly better after being in them.  I run on Monday in the Ghosts and the legs are back to being more sore in the morning.  Since then, I've been staying in the Wave Riders and have run the past wo days.  Each day, the legs have felt better.  I get up this morning and there's hardly any stiffness or pain.  I don't get it.  Guess I'm going to keep running in the older shoes with 500+ miles on them.

It's at least giving me a glimpse of hope in being able to rebuild fitness!