3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Feeling the growl again

Yep, sounds like a plan to inflict more pain and abuse on the body. Hope the free thingy is worth it.  Good luck!

Meh...I talk the talk...this will be the first runs training for Boston 2015 so I'm not out to be stupid.  Truth be told I've been chomping at the bit to run and only being wiped by the illness and trying to be smart has kept me out 3 days.

I also have a date with sub-16.... Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

So I haven't run since my marathon not because of the typical leg pain....I could have started with an easy 4-miler the next day....but because the combo of work stress and race stress crashed my immune system and I came down with a raging, energy-sucking sinus infection before the sun set that day.  Sleep is a fond memory.

So I get an email today at work that they have a contest Thursday to try to get people to run a total of at least 500 laps on the company 1/5 mile track from 5:30am-7pm.  At first, if they hit 500 they had a raffle to give some of the people T-shirts (whupyty-F'ing do).  Today they sweetened the pot and are going to give a Jawbone activty tracker thingy to whoever runs the most laps.  The thing looks cool and supposedly tracks sleep...I have been sleeping like crap for a long time....so I could use the free thingy.

So the plan is to get up early and knock out 12 miles (60 laps) before work.  Knock out a solid day, and do another 8 miles (40 laps) after work.  I seriously doubt anyone else is going to knock out 100 laps when they are looking for 500 laps from a campus of perhaps 15-20K people.

I read this to mean 500 laps for each person.  That is one badass company.  Go git you that Jawbone!

I'm wondering if they'll have running lap totals (pun just realized as I typed) posted throughout the day so people know where they stand. Could make it interesting.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

I'm wondering if they'll have running lap totals (pun just realized as I typed) posted throughout the day so people know where they stand. Could make it interesting.

I doubt it.  More like they're going to stand there in their little fitness person warmup suits and look at me like I'm fucking crazy when I tell them I just ran 60 laps and will be back in the afternoon to run 40 more.  But you bet I'm going to ask who the leader is when I show for Round 2.

MTA:  For winning a marathon last weekend I got an extra medal with a sticky pasted to the back saying "1OA" and a $75 gift certificate to a running store after paying $80 for the race, so I figure this is an even better bang for the buck considering it costs nothing to enter.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

So I haven't run since my marathon not because of the typical leg pain....I could have started with an easy 4-miler the next day....but because the combo of work stress and race stress crashed my immune system and I came down with a raging, energy-sucking sinus infection before the sun set that day.  Sleep is a fond memory.

So I get an email today at work that they have a contest Thursday to try to get people to run a total of at least 500 laps on the company 1/5 mile track from 5:30am-7pm.  At first, if they hit 500 they had a raffle to give some of the people T-shirts (whupyty-F'ing do).  Today they sweetened the pot and are going to give a Jawbone activty tracker thingy to whoever runs the most laps.  The thing looks cool and supposedly tracks sleep...I have been sleeping like crap for a long time....so I could use the free thingy.

So the plan is to get up early and knock out 12 miles (60 laps) before work.  Knock out a solid day, and do another 8 miles (40 laps) after work.  I seriously doubt anyone else is going to knock out 100 laps when they are looking for 500 laps from a campus of perhaps 15-20K people.

You know John will be there so he will push you.

Good luck and damn it don't you hurt yourself. We have a Boston thing to bust up.

And I have an idea of something special in the 5k this summer.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

You know John will be there so he will push you.

Good luck and damn it don't you hurt yourself. We have a Boston thing to bust up.

And I have an idea of something special in the 5k this summer.

John has been silent since the Mini.  I was about to bust his chops for slacking.

I have no intention of really hurting myself.  Everything from today gears on Boston 2015.  Need to sit back and plan from there.  For now, that means kicking ass at 5K/10K in the short term.  So yeah, there will be some 5K's coming up right quick.  Let me know your idea.

I also have a date with sub-16.... Wink

Bring it on huckleberry!  We need to get Roth in on this too. He's close.

Feeling the growl again

60 laps (12 miles) down this morning.  The post-marathon part is not bad at all, the sick as a dog part is ugly.

By the time I'd finished 2 others had stopped at 50 an 51 laps.  Another guy was up there and still going.  I'd really rather do the least possible work to finish this.

Feeling the growl again

I have no intention of really hurting myself. 

Heh.  I'm a dumbass.

Runs of 12 and 13.4 miles with two 2-mile walks during breaks.  4 more (.8 mi) walking laps toward the end of the 13.4.  Total of 151 laps (30.2 miles).  I was just about to quit at 120 laps when the guy who had 110 showed up to run again.

Fuck.

Just after I'd started my 151st lap he told me he was stopping at 138, so I finished up that lap and quit.

Legs were surprisingly good.  Repeatedly got stitches in both sides though.

Wow, hope you switched directions, or your right leg is probably longer than your left at this moment

Feeling the growl again

Wow, hope you switched directions, or your right leg is probably longer than your left at this moment

Switching was not allowed, and yes my knees (tendons) are telling me that was not a good thing.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Heh.  I'm a dumbass.

Runs of 12 and 13.4 miles with two 2-mile walks during breaks.  4 more (.8 mi) walking laps toward the end of the 13.4.  Total of 151 laps (30.2 miles).  I was just about to quit at 120 laps when the guy who had 110 showed up to run again.

Fuck.

Just after I'd started my 151st lap he told me he was stopping at 138, so I finished up that lap and quit.

Legs were surprisingly good.  Repeatedly got stitches in both sides though.

Nice one spaniel.

steph  

Heh.  I'm a dumbass.

Yup!  You at least got the win and free thingy, right?

Total of 151 laps (30.2 miles). 

Sweet Jeebus, that's a solid marathon recovery effort right there.

You know, if you needed one of those jizmos and didn't have the cash we could have taken up a collection or something...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

Yup!  You at least got the win and free thingy, right?

I have not heard confirmation.  Around lap 120 the head fitness center worker tried to convince me to stop and said they'd get us both something.  They were afraid they'd be calling the ambulance for us freak shows.  Frankly I felt pretty good up until the last couple miles.  The morning run hurt a lot more for some reason.