3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hello (updated newest results ) (Read 478 times)

Hawt and sexy

With the manslave, they told him 6-8 weeks before he could do a walking program to get back into the run idea. But his was bone shards on the spine. They did not give him PT. I was the unofficial PT. We are still working on getting his hip flexors up to par.  And he has other issues healthwise that need more attention sometimes. You don't have multiple health issues.

I'm touching your pants.

Second opinion done.I was told the same thing, that if I'm not careful or even if I am I could end up in a wheelchair. I need surgery to relieve the pressure off my spinal cord ASAP. I won't know until a year what damage is permanent. I forgot to ask how soon after surgery could I attempt to get back to running but I'll be able to start PT a month afterwards. Well looks like I'll be cross training during the winter and getting back to running come spring. 

Sorry to hear all your news.  I hope you'll be back fighting fit as quickly as possible.  I know for sure you'll be fighting on regardless.  Thinking of you.

C-R

Well be careful and don't over-do it then!  Save your propensity to kick ass for the recovery.  Smile

+∞

All the best on the surgery and recovery rocken.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Sorry that you do indeed need surgery, Pam.  Wishing you the best with it and hoping that your recovery goes 

quickly and smoothly!

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Best of luck to you Pam.

Have you gone sub 21 on a 5K yet? I seem to remember some kind of challenge earlier this year. I'm not cutting you any slack for back surgery. Big grin

Get well soon.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Slo

Surgery Sucks but I'm sure you will recover fast !

Best of luck to you!

Hopefully they'll get you in sooner than later so that you can get on the road to recovery. I'm sure you'll be back on the boards soon enough with us. Be sure you're taking care of yourself first and don't rush the recovery. Besides this might be a good opportunity for you to arm chair quarterback our racing and training efforts. Best of luck to you rocken!

Best of luck to you Pam.

Have you gone sub 21 on a 5K yet? I seem to remember some kind of challenge earlier this year. I'm not cutting you any slack for back surgery. Big grin

Get well soon.

no *sigh* I was hoping to "this" fall however that will have to wait. I am kicking ass on my rower Richard so next fall will be the plan so don't think I'll forget this little challenge 

Thanks!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Surgery is scheduled for November 19th! I had to send my official I'm not coming to the Monkey email to Trent yesterday which made me sad. However I now plan on Monkey 2013!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and well wishes! I expect to see everyone KICK ASS and accomplish their goals over the fall!! Happy Running everyone!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

Surgery is scheduled for November 19th! I had to send my official I'm not coming to the Monkey email to Trent yesterday which made me sad. However I now plan on Monkey 2013!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and well wishes! I expect to see everyone KICK ASS and accomplish their goals over the fall!! Happy Running everyone!

Good luck Rocken

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Pam, my mother had a surgery similar to this about 2 years ago. It was a pretty major surgery, but she recovered well and is doing really well now. She had severe pain and headaches before, and now she's pretty much pain-free. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Prince of Fatness

I am sorry things have been quite hectic.  You are a tough cookie and I have no doubts you will get through this.  Sending you positive vibes none the less.  Good luck!

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I had to send my official I'm not coming to the Monkey email to Trent yesterday which made me sad. However I now plan on Monkey 2013!

Yeah Pam, was looking forward to meeting you at Monkey.  

So, see you 2013.  And good luck once again!

steph  

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'm upset!!  NO SURGERY on Monday, my doctor won't give me cardiac clearance *sigh*.  He knows I'm an ultra runner. He knows my resting HR is super low. None of this is new. My surgeon didn't see any reason for me to get a medical clearance from my doctor UNTIL my pre admission EKG results. It showed bradycardia (slowing of heart rhythm I believe). I've never in my adult life ever had a "normal" EKG. I had a stress test in 2006 and it showed I had an "athletic" heart. Anyway I have to have a stress test again and they can't get me in until Wed which means surgery is off and if everything looks good I'll be able to call in next week to reschedule. 

"Deep breath"   This really throws a big wrench in things. TOTALLY SUCKS!

kcam

You're too frickin healthy to risk surgery?  I'd be upset too but just jump thru their hoops and get it done.  Good luck.