3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hello (updated newest results ) (Read 478 times)

kcam

Thanks everyone!

Went out for my first run. My husband and my dog came along (my chaperone's) We ended up doing 3 miles. I have to say it felt much better than I had expected and I was surprised that I didn't have to run/walk it. We'll see how my legs feel tomorrow if I run or not. Ciara however will be taking tomorrow off. She has no running base what so ever so gotta break her in gently.

Thumbs up emoticon here.

Well it's been 6 months this past week. This morning I ran (not raced)  a 25:39 5k. I'm still having issue's that they are trying to figure out so it may be awhile before I'm ready to actually race a 5k, however I did sign up for a 5k plan through Running Wizard. It has 6 weeks of base building (race I'm looking to sign up for is in October) . It will be weird running low mileage however I will still be biking and rowing. I'm excited and a bit scared to finally be getting ready to train for a goal race. I really hope my body is up for this!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hey, sorry for not replying sooner (remote access wasn't good for posting).  Glad to hear things are continuing on a positive trend, and it's not surprising to see you sliding right back into a running workload. Cool

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

With all the insane cross training you have been doing, I'm not surprised to see the running transition go pretty smoothly.  It is great to see you coming back well from this injury and I continue to be impressed with how you have handled it all.  Very inspiring.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

With all the insane cross training you have been doing, I'm not surprised to see the running transition go pretty smoothly.  It is great to see you coming back well from this injury and I continue to be impressed with how you have handled it all.  Very inspiring.

Yup, I agree.  You are something else (in a good way).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I had a skin biopsy a couple weeks back to check for small fiber neuropathy, well I  FINALLY heard back my neurologist. I do have small fiber neuropathy HOWEVER it's presenting a different way than what they normally see. It normally starts in the calves and moves up to thighs however mine is in my thighs but not in my calves yet (which explains why I feel it more in my chest/face and thighs) She's ordering more blood work and sending me to another neurologist that specializes in small fiber neuropathy. No answers other than confirming what I've suspected. At least it's a step in the right direction.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

I had a skin biopsy a couple weeks back to check for small fiber neuropathy, well I  FINALLY heard back my neurologist. I do have small fiber neuropathy HOWEVER it's presenting a different way than what they normally see. It normally starts in the calves and moves up to thighs however mine is in my thighs but not in my calves yet (which explains why I feel it more in my chest/face and thighs) She's ordering more blood work and sending me to another neurologist that specializes in small fiber neuropathy. No answers other than confirming what I've suspected. At least it's a step in the right direction.

I'm happy you finally have a diagnosis; hopefully they can get to the root cause and a treatment plan for you!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'm happy you finally have a diagnosis; hopefully they can get to the root cause and a treatment plan for you!

Thanks Andy and me too!

Oh and on another note I will be having elbow surgery at the end of October for my right elbow. I'll be having surgery on my left one at a later date yet to be determined. Gotta love all this.......

Oh and on another note I will be having elbow surgery at the end of October for my right elbow. I'll be having surgery on my left one at a later date yet to be determined. Gotta love all this.......

Minor electrical issues, replacing some front suspension pieces, ... you're starting to sound like a '67 Mustang!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau