3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

Feeling the growl again

77.6 miles for the week, 257.6 miles for July thus far.  Happy to just shoot par again, playing it conservative with the injuries.  In addition to the whole groin thing I tried to be good and use new shoes starting a couple days ago; I promptly put a hole in the side of my foot.

MTA:  Already my second biggest month of the year.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

73.3 and 226.1. Still not looking good, but still not giving up yet. It seems highly unlikely but I do have a couple extra days off this coming week. We'll see.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

49.8/ 159.5. Still on track.

34 miles 2nd week and 49.3 this past week, 147 for the month so far, no way I am getiting to 250, resetting expectations to 200, will still be over 110% of my prior highest month.
          TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I have 63.8 for the week and 189.8 for the month so far.  I think that I will be lucky to get to 220.

steph  

DoppleBock

high 90s makes for a tough day of gold also - Poor caddies slump 2 bags each and I was not real accurate, so a lot of billy goat hiking down to lake michigan and up into the bluffs - 2nd time out this year and golfing one of the harder courses around in Whisting Straights at Kohler - The course Tiger whined was "Not fair" - I played and scored better than expected and hit all 4 par 3s in regulation ... 9 total holes in regulation - But had some really, really bad holes.

Good fun and likely the only time I will get to play this course ($500+ without food or drink)

I would not pay that much - Thanks work

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

158 last week

Already took Monday off this week and now onto vacation ~ If I get 100 this week it will be a miracle.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

2nd time out this year ...

hit all 4 par 3s in regulation ... 9 total holes in regulation

That's the mark of a natural athlete.  (Jealous!)  Nice going.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

I'm out.

After researching what I have become convinced is my injury, I have decided that the only solution is time off.  I could wait 4-5 days to hit my goal and finish the challenge, but that would be 4-5 days less to train later for my goal fall 50-miler.  

In other words I can be smart, or I can be stupid.

So I am going to be start and take ~2 weeks completely off right now.  Tonight was my last run until the rest period is complete.  In the interim, I will continue upper body workouts and strengthening exercises for my injury.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

That really sucks. Sometimes having the discipline not to be stupid is the hardest thing. And you still managed to put up a damn respectable #, while injured and cutting it short. And you won the beer mile, so there's that, too. Get healthy.

I'm out.

A smart move Spaniel.  Heal up quickly.

Oh, and I'm out too after not running for 10+ days due to an ankle/tendon injury.

Smart movie Andy!  Hope the rest takes care of what is ailing your body! 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

A smart move Spaniel.  Heal up quickly.

+1 and +1

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Sorry to hear that Spaniel.  Definitely best to be taking the time out now rather than late.  Hope you're healed up quickly.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

56 miles to go, 4 days to do it, legs are beyond toast. This will be interesting.