3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

It's the length of the main loop, which he makes us run twice and then some spurs and cut thrus to make the torture complete.

Feeling the growl again

It's the length of the main loop, which he makes us run twice and then some spurs and cut thrus to make the torture complete.

I liked my answer better... Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anyhow, it does not really matter. One is not permitted by Monkeylaw to run the loop in PWP without also running the 0.6 mile Luke Lea Overlook, making the real route 11.8 miles.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Damn, I'd bee in if I wasn't coming off an overuse injury. Can I use the highest monthly mileage since the injury?

This is the Hurtlocker, why did I even ask that? I'm so ashamed and clearly not worthy of this throwdown right now.

I'm in a similar situation.  I'll do the "highest monthly mileage since the injury" option if you do?  But as you suggested we're not worthy of the Hurtlocker if we admit to that, so we'll keep it between ourselves?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Hawt and sexy

heh. If I do 110% of the last 12 months, all I have to do is actually log all of my running faithfully for a month and I got this.

I'm touching your pants.

I'm OUT!  I've gotta stay focused on the "prize" and when I let loose and chase miles I loose all focus

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm OUT!  I've gotta stay focused on the "prize" and when I let loose and chase miles I loose all focus

Good call Rocken.  Again, not very Hurtlocker of me to say that...but I think it's strong and Hurtlockeresque to refuse a stupid (but fun) stunt in order to focus on something that is going to be testing you in another way (thanks to the workouts that will still be combined with damn strong mileage)...I bet there is in fact some throwdown goal in there...but maybe based instead on extra speed/workouts this month than in previous ones.  Good luck with it!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

I'm in a similar situation.  I'll do the "highest monthly mileage since the injury" option if you do?  But as you suggested we're not worthy of the Hurtlocker if we admit to that, so we'll keep it between ourselves?

It seems it would be Hurtlocker-worthy if it is a challenging goal for where you are at now.  Highest mileage months have context.

Foregoing a stunt to focus on kicking ass in a race seems Hurtlocker-worthy as well.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I debated that very thing my self.  But for me, I think that it will help me to get in my doubles and afternoon heat/humidity training.

After last night, I know that I really need to work on the hydration / electrolyte  issues before my 50 miler...

So, lots of added afternoon running will help.  At least that's the plan.   

steph  

All time high is 380, last 12 months is 276 (right before my last injury)

I think Burnt Toast and Hoppity are on to something here...I could probably handle 300+ in July but might just need to continue my steady post-injury build up.

I will say that even though I'm in, and it's based on a monthly mileage total that's actually from 2010 so is therefore higher than what I could have picked, I'm actually not being so crazy here. Essentially it's about 40 miles extra over what I already had planned, and if I spread that out over the month then it shouldn't have too much extra impact. July also has 5 Sundays, aka long run day. So there's all that, and there's also the fact that I am, on occasion, a dumbass. Heh.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

... there's also the fact that I am, on occasion, a dumbass.

That's always a big asset in these stunts.

Cool Jump Suit

I'll give it a whirl.  What the Hell:

Highest month 200 miles.......I'm in for 220.

So bittersweet,
                            This tragedy
                            Won't ask for absolution;
                            This melody,
                            Inside of me,
                            Still searches for solution.
                            A twist of faith,
                            A change of heart
                            Cures my infatuation.
                            A broken heart, 
                            Provides the spark
                            For my determination.

Good call Rocken.  Again, not very Hurtlocker of me to say that...but I think it's strong and Hurtlockeresque to refuse a stupid (but fun) stunt in order to focus on something that is going to be testing you in another way (thanks to the workouts that will still be combined with damn strong mileage)...I bet there is in fact some throwdown goal in there...but maybe based instead on extra speed/workouts this month than in previous ones.  Good luck with it!

Thanks! And yes I do have my own throw down goal for the month of July and who knows I may end up close to 400 miles however mileage isn't the goal as you guessed

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson