3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

I debated that very thing my self.  But for me, I think that it will help me to get in my doubles and afternoon heat/humidity training.

After last night, I know that I really need to work on the hydration / electrolyte  issues before my 50 miler...

So, lots of added afternoon running will help.  At least that's the plan.   

Well just remember your 50 miler is the 21st of July and maybe I'm wrong but I think only the first week or maybe 2 will benefit you for your race.  I know the voice of reason doesn't belong here in the hurtlocker let alone this thread. So I'm just gonna say GOOD LUCK AND KICK SOME ASS

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good luck to all you "idiots" in acccomplishing your July Stunt!! Looking forward to the next one, hope I'm "available"!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Dammit C-R.  I said 300 not 330.  But OK, I'll accept the additional challenge.  Wink

However, if my wife shows up at your door around the 20th or so you had better duck, because she won't be there to deliver home-baked cookies...

MTA:  I just ran a report and 330 would be my fourth highest month since starting my log here Jan 2010.  2nd and 3rd are both 340-360 range.  Damn, this really IS a challenge now...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

However, if my wife shows up at your door around the 20th or so you had better duck, because she won't be there to deliver home-baked cookies...

I didn't think you would want less miles than an old fat guy like me.

I just checked my schedule and I'm out of town then. Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

I didn't think you would want less miles than an old fat guy like me.

I'd pull out some sort or snarky, smartass comment about topping you plus someone else the last time around, except that that technique bit me in the ass bigtime during that particular escapade....I'll do what I can do while keeping the family happy and not keeling over from heat exhaustion and see where that takes me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

This July Throwdown looks like it's going to turn out to be a lot harder than the previous Throwdown. My strategy back in December had been lots of shorter runs that I could easily recover from. I ran all 31 days in December, with 20 of those days having multiple runs, for a total of 54 runs.

There are at least 2 days in July that I probably will not be able to run. I currently do most of my running in the morning which makes my wife happy since it doesn't interfere with family time. I can probably throw in some extra evening runs here and there, but if I do that too often I may get some grief.

Since I'll probably have less runs to work with, each run will have to be longer and since I need to be able to do it every day they can't be very fast. Since I'll be doing most of my runs in the morning the amount of time I have available becomes my limiting factor.

I'm still up for this, but I'm going to have to work on my strategy a bit.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

This July Throwdown looks like it's going to turn out to be a lot harder than the previous Throwdown.

Bwahaha!!!   Joking

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Bwahaha!!!   Joking

Oh sure. Easy for you to laugh when your goal should actually be 600 or so. Nancy.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Oh sure. Easy for you to laugh when your goal should actually be 600 or so. Nancy.

Hey, you reveled a bit in my misery then, it's only fair to be on the other side of the fence for once.  Big grin

Think of it this way, it'll more than bring you back to pre-injury fitness and set you up well for some more PRs.

C-R

Well I surely understand how Dr. Frankenstein felt after building his monster. Damn.

I'm waiting for the torch and pitchfork crowd to hit the castle any minute.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Well I surely understand how Dr. Frankenstein felt after building his monster. Damn.

I'm waiting for the torch and pitchfork crowd to hit the castle any minute.

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

DoppleBock

I was contemplating my July on family camping vacation over the past 4 days and think I will fail and not care.  I do not want to change the number, but I am not in the mood to grind.

July 3rd - 5 mile race

July 14th - 50k trail race

July boating goal = 10 times

July wakeboard run goal = 20 times

1 week of family vacation

16th wedding anniversary

It will take 2 pretty big weeks ~ 180 to make up for the race tapering and vacation ... possible, but unlikely with boating goals.

Camping last 4 days - I just ran 1 run in the morning, it was really nice to run once per day.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I was contemplating my July on family camping vacation over the past 4 days and think I will fail and not care.  I do not want to change the number, but I am not in the mood to grind.

July 3rd - 5 mile race

July 14th - 50k trail race

July boating goal = 10 times

July wakeboard run goal = 20 times

1 week of family vacation

16th wedding anniversary

It will take 2 pretty big weeks ~ 180 to make up for the race tapering and vacation ... possible, but unlikely with boating goals.

Camping last 4 days - I just ran 1 run in the morning, it was really nice to run once per day.

You make me feel like a slacker on multiple levels.... Wink

DoppleBock

The straw that would break the camels back would be a beer mile ...

I am actually happy running less miles and starting to input 1-2 speed workouts each week.  Along with a longer trail run or longer track run and 1 hill grinder repeat workout.  Hitting workouts per week can turn 90-110 miles into a good week. 

You make me feel like a slacker on multiple levels.... Wink

DoppleBock

PS - My family likes to sleep in ... So I can get a good run in the morning without getting up too early and still make it back in time to good breakfast over the fire.  It is a win-win, if I were not running I would be pestering them at 7-8am to get their butts out of bed ... So I get a run and then get to sleep until 9-10am.

This has morphed into a nice vacation rythm over the years.  I really would like to get the family going much earlier to do stuff ... like get into the Disney park before 10:30am ~ But it was a constant battle and caused tension and conflict, so I just go with it.