3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

Feeling the growl again

Time to get to work, boys and girls...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'd like to think that my July started yesterday.  Out of town this morning, but got a 6 miler in.  Now have to figure out how to get the second run in. Doubles are the only way I can even think of the 60 MPW I need, especially with 2 races and 3 days of no running built in. Hope no other non running days sneak in because of my darned Hip, which is my first injury ever, likely sustained while not running. 

MTA 105 degree days are a nice addition to this stupidity, lets see if I can figure out any other excuses.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm winning!

At least as of 9:39 AM EDT. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I'm winning!

Wink

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

I'm winning!

Heh.  I got 2 miles into my long run on tm (daddy duty today) and the wonky console finally quit completely.  Fortunately I had the warranty replacement sitting here, but by the time I got it installed the baby was awake.  So an anemic start for me.

I will just have to retry the long run tonight when I do not have to watch the kids...if beef doesn't get me too drunk this afternoon...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I got twelve in this morning.  Hope to get a few more in this evening.  

The temperature  should be down to  98F  by 6:00pm Roll eyes

steph  

Ostrich runner

Just sweated a gallon in an hour running in the shade. Strangely enough, I actually love running in this weather once I'm out there. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

As with the December throwdown I'm ill at the start.  We'll see what happens, but I missed my long run today  in the hope of being better sooner, so got 8 done, but that's not exactly worth writing home about.

I'm also still edging with this pelvis thing too (my right leg is now 3cm shorter than my left, which is worse than before and I have some buzzing/discomfort in my back/hip/thigh/knee when not running but my leg isn't flicking out and giving out at random as I run and there are no shooting pains)...so am going to try and be sensible and not push thing for mileage.  However I do just want to run, because, well, I just want to run.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

However I do just want to run, because, well, I just want to run.

Who could say it any better than that....

FWIW this pelvis thing I felt come on during the December throw-down has never really gone away.  I feel it, especially after long treadmill runs.  Which is pretty much all I get to do anymore.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

110 degrees outside, with no relief predicted. Wonder if perhaps I should go out and try to run 110% of my lowest milage month ever instead.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Hey Hop,  I hope that it all works out soon and 8 is better that zero!

Good news bad news.   No running this evening.   Thunder, lightening and some rain.  Yea!

I will have a beer instead.

steph  

I'm a little late to the party, but sign me up to better the 192-mile-month I had in February.....so, 211 miles.

I hope that math is right.

Week one: 55.2 for the week; 62.9 for the month.

C-R

Who was the moron that suggested this charlie foxtrot? Oh yeah. Nevermind. Managed 1e 12 today bookending a 9 hour drive. This should be interesting.

MTA - what a day. Today looks like another tough one. Good news is we only have 29 days of this stuff left. Heh

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Yup, Day 1 and I'm already in the hole.  I blame beef.

Ostrich runner

Yup, Day 1 and I'm already in the hole.  I blame beef.

Whatever, Mr. Moonshine. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum