3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

Feeling the growl again

Whatever, Mr. Moonshine. 

I don't know what you are talking about.  That was just paint thinner.  The taste proved it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

This challenge is going to break me.  What was I thinking when I said I could do 140 % of my highest monthly mileage which was run in October and March?  esp with low mileage the past 8-9 months (more than double the average from the last 9 months). Will keep trying, but not sure if there is a purpose to this kind of running.  This will either make me a stronger runner or a broken one.

Feeling the growl again

This challenge is going to break me.  

Holy hell.  95F when I started, 98F when I finished.  Go figure it was a southern boy who started such a contest in July...

I will say...if not for this challenge...I would not have gotten out the door for runs like this...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Well, that whining seems to have helped. Had a decent 4 mile run tonight, with a group of runners who are a whole lot faster than me, but they were doing a lot more miles than I was, and I could keep up with them, at least for the couple of miles I ran with them before turning around.  Will see if I'll feel it in the morning.

Feeling the growl again

These damned challenges.  I just kept running every chance I got and only realized going into my last run that I was going to hit 100 for the first time this year.  Craziness.  Especially since 90+ were on the treadmill....

C-R

First decent week in a long time but I am way back. Time to dial this sucker up a notch.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Cool Jump Suit

Ok, thru the 8th I am at 47.8 miles.  Should be @ 56.8 miles.  Behind 9 miles already.  Just like in real life.

So bittersweet,
                This tragedy
                Won't ask for absolution;
                This melody,
                Inside of me,
                Still searches for solution.
                A twist of faith,
                A change of heart
                Cures my infatuation.
                A broken heart, 
                Provides the spark
                For my determination.

Feeling the growl again

Ok, thru the 8th I am at 47.8 miles.  Should be @ 56.8 miles.  Behind 9 miles already.  Just like in real life.

I was behind 9 miles in the FIRST DAY when my treadmill broke.  Get back on the horse and get it done.

Cool Jump Suit

I am looking forward to some cooler temps this week.  

So bittersweet,
                    This tragedy
                    Won't ask for absolution;
                    This melody,
                    Inside of me,
                    Still searches for solution.
                    A twist of faith,
                    A change of heart
                    Cures my infatuation.
                    A broken heart, 
                    Provides the spark
                    For my determination.

Feeling the growl again

Week one: 55.2 for the week; 62.9 for the month.

100.2 for Week 1, 102.2 adding in July 1.  Shitty start but I really surprised myself with this one.

Feeling the growl again

I am looking forward to some cooler temps this week.  

No kidding.  If I had had to run this all outside I've had done like 20 miles this week.

100.2 for Week 1...

Shitty start

F'n slacker.

(I want to be a Shitty Runner.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

F'n slacker.

(I want to be a Shitty Runner.)

Of course I was referring more to the 2 mile run on July 1st.  Wink

DoppleBock

I am a Monday - Sunday ... so week #1 is 8 days

120 miles.

Body is bruised and beat up from 1/2 dozen wakeboard runs and as many battling inner-tubes fights over the weekend.  I do not think I will make the 600 ... I am choosing to not care about running SA-SU.  But it is early - I am trying to decide weather to schedule another boating weekend the 21-22 or spend it running.  If I run I still have a chance.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I am trying to decide weather to schedule another boating weekend the 21-22 or spend it running.  If I run I still have a chance.

If I had a boat...especially if it was a pontoon boat...I think the decision would be easy.