3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

53.7 64 miles last week (looks like CR is going Sun-Sat, while I originally went Mon-Sun).  

This week is a mini taper for a Half marathon.  Don't really need to taper as I didn't really train for the race, but will take a couple of zero mile days before Sat.

C-R

Hey Happy - you actually had 64 if you include July 1. Good luck on the race.

MTA: I'm following the normal RA convention of M-Su but since July1 fell on Sunday we all get an extra day for week one and two extra days for week 4. Wink

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

53.7 64 miles last week (looks like CR is going Sun-Sat, while I originally went Mon-Sun).  

This week is a mini taper for a Half marathon.  Don't really need to taper as I didn't really train for the race, but will take a couple of zero mile days before Sat.

He's including the 1st of July, so the 1st week is 8 days.  And the 4th week is 9 days.

Looks like people are generally out to a pretty good start given the widespread heat.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

OK that makes sense, I was wondering if my ability to add evaporated in the sun yesterday.  That first week was just the average required for the month with 3 weekend days plus a Holiday, will be tough to hold that pace unless the weather cooperates a bit.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'm out.  Tendonits in my achilles has left me unable to do much besides walk for the past several days, and even that hurts at times.  Doc stays no running for at least a week, and then we'll see from there. 

Feeling the growl again

I'm out.  Tendonits in my achilles has left me unable to do much besides walk for the past several days, and even that hurts at times.  Doc stays no running for at least a week, and then we'll see from there. 

Sad

At least you can do pushups!  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

That sucks. Heal up. The road will still be there for you when your healthy.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

I am also on a pretty good drinking pace MTD ~ So if I am going to get a chunk of mileage that will have to stop.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oh I am sorry!

It is very unlikely that I will make it either.

I was cutting it very close as it was.  I needed to get more miles in this past week

in Atlanta and on Sunday and it didn't happen.   I doubt that I'll be able to make up miles the week

after my 50m.   

steph  

I was about to sign up for this until I ran a report to find out my highest mileage month was 378. Sadly it was also within the last 12 months....> 378 miles in July? Eff no!

Feeling the growl again

I was about to sign up for this until I ran a report to find out my highest mileage month was 378. Sadly it was also within the last 12 months....> 378 miles in July? Eff no!

Just think what a beast you would be in the fall.

Besides...you're halfway to the north pole, c'mon.... Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh, hey, btw: I'm out.

Was out before I started.

Feeling the growl again

Oh, hey, btw: I'm out.

Was out before I started.

I don't know how you can drink that much beer and not have 200lb calves without killing this challenge.  Damn, I was gaining weight on 60mpw and needed to either run more or drink less...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Who said I wasn't gaining weight.

The heat killed me. All that time up north made me soft. Well, that and all the inconsistent not running.

Feeling the growl again

The heat killed me. All that time up north made me soft. Well, that and all the inconsistent not running.

For fuck's sake, it doesn't take being soft in the kind of heat we have been having.  I lost some miles today fiddling with my cheap ass treadmill which is now breaking twice in the 4 months I have owned it.  Running outside at 90F somehow felt not-so-bad compared to some of the outside runs I have done recently (which is not many).

Sorry...I'm pretty pissed about this whole heat thing....my life revolves around avoiding it and moving hoses...