3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

Feeling the growl again

Just put up my biggest week ever  (84.1) but it only sort of offset my slack first week, so I'm behind and it's not looking good. Still, I'll either make it or get damn close by the time it's all said and done.

MTA: Week 1* was 68.6

Hardcore.  Do it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

This week I missed 4 runs because of work ~ Still a great week of training, but it means I will not make 600 for sure.

Next week Monday - Was suppose to be a really big day and now I have to golf at Whistling Staights in Kohler - Dang ... always something!

Week #2 = 128

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

You guys are doing great.

I had 87.5 the first week (8 days) and 36.5 the second week.  This week won't be much better than last.

I sure won't be getting to 344.    But I do want to see just how close I can get.

steph  

C-R

Good work Greg.

I'm with you Tea. Week 2 sucked due to work. Lost at least 15. Oh well pushing on.

and DB. 128 with four off days. Holy crap!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

and DB. 128 with four off days  44 mile treadmill run. Holy crap!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

4 missed runs - not day off - just days soft

Good work Greg.

I'm with you Tea. Week 2 sucked due to work. Lost at least 15. Oh well pushing on.

and DB. 128 with four off days. Holy crap!

DoppleBock

Anytime you see a long TM run - It means I committed to not sleeping that night - I never can post long night run.  I hate being so shitty the next day ... But I need to keep in long run shape and the weekends are for family.

C-R

44 miles on the TM? Ugh but I get it.

Missed runs =/= missed days. My goof (should have log stalked) but still a good week for being a slacker. Wink

Speaking of slacking. Last night I was forced to run on the TM and so watched the TDF which is going through the Pyrinese Mts. (sp). At the time they were riding up a "not so difficult hill" at 13% grade. I decided to run a little extra at that point. Sheesh. 

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

DoppleBock

Better take your EPO

I decided I was having a lot of bad runs when it was 90+ outside and asked myself if I would rather have good runs on TM or half ass runs outside - So I have been back on TM a lot.  I do not have a goal race for awhile - By then the temps will be reasonable - No reason to get good at handling the heat - Downhill Ski season is only 4 months away.

44 miles on the TM? Ugh but I get it.

Missed runs =/= missed days. My goof (should have log stalked) but still a good week for being a slacker. Wink

Speaking of slacking. Last night I was forced to run on the TM and so watched the TDF which is going through the Pyrinese Mts. (sp). At the time they were riding up a "not so difficult hill" at 13% grade. I decided to run a little extra at that point. Sheesh. 

obsessor

OK. My past high was 533, it looks like (damn.) And so I am going to shoot for 11.0% (total) which is 58.6 miles. This is a highly modified (lowly modified?) version of the throwdown. My weeks so far are "0", and "4" miles. 

DoppleBock

Who are you? 

OK. My past high was 533, it looks like (damn.) And so I am going to shoot for 11.0% (total) which is 58.6 miles. This is a highly modified (lowly modified?) version of the throwdown. My weeks so far are "0", and "4" miles. 

C-R

Daaaaammnnnn.

DoppleBock

Confirmed no long run Monday - 11:48 Tee Time at Whistling Straights - A place I never thought I would get to golf and at my skill level probably never should.  It will also be the 1st time I will have a caddy.  I am scared about embarrassing myself and excited for the experience all at the same time.  I have played 18 holes once this year and hit range balls once this year. 

C-R

Confirmed no long run Monday - 11:48 Tee Time at Whistling Straights - A place I never thought I would get to golf and at my skill level probably never should.  It will also be the 1st time I will have a caddy.  I am scared about embarrassing myself and excited for the experience all at the same time.  I have played 18 holes once this year and hit range balls once this year. 

I am very jealous and excited for you.

As for the caddy thing, get a light conversation going, offer to buy him/her a drink at the turn and/or candy bar and if they gave a decent loop a fair tip. That will get you plenty of good comments from the yard. As for the play, don't worry about it. They see really bad golf a lot. It only gets bad when some 36 handicapper decides to play the back tees. I've looped for someone like that and it was annoying as hell.

Enjoy the round. 

obsessor

Who are you? 

hahahahaha!

an older, fatter, lazier shadow of someone.