3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

obsessor

Confirmed no long run Monday - 11:48 Tee Time at Whistling Straights - A place I never thought I would get to golf and at my skill level probably never should.  It will also be the 1st time I will have a caddy.  I am scared about embarrassing myself and excited for the experience all at the same time.  I have played 18 holes once this year and hit range balls once this year. 

WTF? Golf?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

OK. My past high was 533, it looks like (damn.) And so I am going to shoot for 11.0% (total) which is 58.6 miles. This is a highly modified (lowly modified?) version of the throwdown. My weeks so far are "0", and "4" miles. 

I like your spirit. I was thinking I might try for my lowest month this year, but just noticed I have already passed April's 39.9 miles. Damnit.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Confirmed no long run Monday - 11:48 Tee Time at Whistling Straights - A place I never thought I would get to golf and at my skill level probably never should.  It will also be the 1st time I will have a caddy.  I am scared about embarrassing myself and excited for the experience all at the same time.  I have played 18 holes once this year and hit range balls once this year. 

Bring beer with you.  It'll be OK.

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

The general public makes tee time a year in advance and pays $360 for 18 hole + a $60 caddie fee + caddie tip

I am thinking that carry on beer will be frowned upon by the member taking us and footing the bill.

Bring beer with you.  It'll be OK.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I am thinking the little booze minatures - 6-8 of those for aiming fluid.

DoppleBock

Plus the caddie carries 2 sets of clubs in 1 course provided bag ... it would not be very nice for him to carry a bunch of beer.

Feeling the growl again

I am thinking the little booze minatures - 6-8 of those for aiming fluid.

Aiming fluid....I like your style...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Yes golf - I am a complex and complicated man ... just line CR

Tonight I had a 54 ounce margaritta after a nice trail run  

WTF? Golf?

Prince of Fatness

I am thinking that carry on beer will be frowned upon by the member taking us and footing the bill.

Stash the beer in your bag.  No one will know, although the caddy may wonder why it weighs so much.  It's always good to have extras in case the beer cart does not come around often enough.

MTA:  Oops.  Just saw your other post about what the caddy carries.  OK then, my suggestion is now to tip the beer cart girl nicely the first time and explain to her how thirsty you will be every two or three holes.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Alright - I'll bite. To a place like Whistling Straights DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN BEVERAGE. That would be like bringing your own steak to Morton's. Guaranteed to get you banned/dis-invited for any future play there.

Of course, you could be the next Happy.

That might make a difference.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

They never need to know....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

As seen in the original classic golf movie - Caddyshack

Remember to ask for the box of naked lady tees and stay away from the hats DB.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

+1 to C-R.  My first caddy experience (having one, not being one) was at Bandon Dunes.  I was a 10 at the time; when the guy showed up and took up a spot behind my bag at the range, I proceeded to chunk the living shit out of the next handful of wedges.  Just not used to someone standing there, obviously watching me and trying to assess my "game".

If he's good, he'll help you relax.  (He wants you to relax, so he can see your real swing and do his job better.)

Have fun!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

What? Do you get a free bowl of soup with that hat?

Oh, it looks good on you.

Heh.