3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Request: Grass track (Read 26 times)

kcam

spaniel, can you please groom your backyard track to look like this one.  I would definitely make the trip, nay pilgrimage, to run the Beer Mile.  If you build it they will come.  

Seriously this looks like runners heaven to me!  Saw this on LR.

http://www.runnerstribe.com/rts-workout-any-day-featuring-olympic-athlete-ben-st-lawrence-kevin-batt-oliver-hoare/

Feeling the growl again

You mean the company and experience isn't enough to make it worth it?  Wink

Yeah, it would require a few truckloads of dirt in Turn 4 to level it out.  What I'd really need to do is Roundup the entire thing and re-plant with grass that does not grown in clumps.  That and a roll with a very heavy roller in the spring would go a long way.

But that's a lot of work so that a bunch of idiots an stagger around it once every July…though I guess I'd do workouts there more often as well.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'll throw in 50 bucks.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I'll throw in 50 bucks.

You know me.  I'd just blow it on beer.  Big Red had those massive 3L bottles of Stone Arrogant Bastard for $75.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Big Red had those massive 3L bottles of Stone Arrogant Bastard for $75.

Hmmm....I hear someone has a birthday coming up.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Don't change a thing. The potholes and such are what makes that course.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Don't change a thing. The potholes and such are what makes that course.

So you're making a return trip?

I smell a thread determining a 2016 date in the near future.  This is probably the latest I have ever entertained the idea.  I guess being out of town greater than 30% of the year does not help….

Prince of Fatness

So you're making a return trip?

Eh, I want to but this year is not looking too good.

Not at it at all. 

I liked that they used a drone to film that. Maybe you could get one of those too.

And we run because we like it
                    Through the broad bright land