3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 1400 times)

Feeling the growl again

Great job, Nads!

Sorry ra...but look at it this way, hobbling and walking you were still way faster than any race last year...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Get Lucky 7k......DNS (still letting the tibia heal and I decided to get a little OT and went to work)

Nice run Nads, 19:00 is my dream.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Great job, Nads!

Sorry ra...but look at it this way, hobbling and walking you were still way faster than any race last year...

I definitely agree, ra.

Thanks, guys.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive   3:56:46    Four minute PR.

steph  

CliveF -- 3/17 -- Angels 5k -- Huntersville NC -- sub-20, since this course is CERTIFIED

20:44 Black eye  9th OA, 1st masters.

70*, sunny, ultra-humid, and no wind.  Had the pace, but stomach upset prompted a midair de-fueling that cost me a bit of time.  (Especially annoying, since 8th place stopped twice in the last mile ... and still ran 20:03.  Damn kids.)  Dunno if it was the heat, lingering dehydration, wrong breakfast, bad luck, or some offense to the Running Gods.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

TeaOlive   3:56:46    Four minute PR.

Sub 4!  Nice work. Splits look real good as well.  What the heck was that 7:41 split at 16?  (g)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

28:45 in a complete crap of a race.  At no point was the race fun.  80 degrees, wind, and me feeling like complete crap.  I raced horribly.  It was ugly. 

Edit: the race was a well ran event, it was just crappy for me. I sucked.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Sub 4!  Nice work. Splits look real good as well.  What the heck was that 7:41 split at 16?  (g)

Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised if both times that I dropped into the 7's that I was trying my best to get away from 

the 3:55 pace group.  When I came out of the bathroom between  mile 13/14 they were right there.  Too bad

that I couldn't keep it up...All of the Ra-Ra come on guys you can do it stuff was grating on my last nerve!  

The more tired / thirsty / worn out that I am the more that stuff  bothers me.  But I just couldn't get far enough 

ahead of them.   Finally, I think around 20-21 they passed me.   And it was a relief!

steph  

Time to bang my head against the wall some more ...

CliveF   3/31   Charlottesville Ten-Miler (Charlottesville VA)   Um, 72min.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

rabutler 3/24 Sam Costa 1/4 Marathon < 54:00

I think it's safe to say this will be a DNS.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I think it's safe to say this will be a DNS.

You can still come and drink beer at our place.

Oh and WTG Nads. Nice 5k.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You can still come and drink beer at our place.

Unfortunately I'm having a little trouble getting around right now. It's painful just walking around and with the boot on driving is a bit of a problem.

I do plan on being there next month even if I'm not running.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TripleBock

Ran 182 miles last week and 203 the week before - So legs are anything but peppy or the Fox Cities Marathon Backward.  We started rolling with 8's.  Not easy - Not hard.  After a run to the trees @ 10 - Anthony and I started to ramp up the pace to 7:30s.  Around mile 15 my friend (Mike) had peeled off at mile # 15 for a bathroom break.  Mile 17 - not sure if Anthony dropped womething - But he was 20 seconds behind.  So I ramped up pace again.  Mile 22 he was still 20 seconds behind - So I ramped up pace again.  Finished a little over 4 minutes ahead.

This was a fat-ass for fun race - But my fun was to race a little late.

3:13:25

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Flying Dutchmen 5k

Orangeburg, NY

3/24

sub-19

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Flying Dutchmen 5k

Orangeburg, NY

3/24

sub-19

Woohooo!!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills