3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October Racing Thread (Read 676 times)

Slo

I'm headed out today to Scottsbluff, NE to the inaugural Monument Marathon and half marathon. I am running the half still shooting for 1:50. I missed it three weeks ago by 5 mins.

First of all...Good Luck

1:50 is an awfully low bar...you should be able to maintain a sub 7:50 pace if not better.

If ya ain't hurtin, you ain't racing.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You like pooping on the open road? I am not sure I agree with you there. The woods are much preferred.

I make sure all of my runs are short enough so that needing to poop is not an issue. I much prefer a porcelain throne for my pooping.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I make sure all of my runs are short enough so that needing to poop is not an issue. I much prefer a porcelain throne for my pooping.

Hmm.  Once again, I must be doing something wrong.  I've had more poop problems on short runs than long.

steph  

Slo

If I'm going to have poop problems it'll be on my afternoon run and within the first 15 mins...and even when you think there can't possibly be anything left...

I've since learned to forgo the run if an issue presents itself.

Looks like October racing has gone to shit.

OK, people, this is a racing thread, not a pooping thread....Wink  I hear that doing long runs on TM's solve that problem as the bathroom is really never that far away.  For what it's worth, people have asked me if bears shit in the woods.  I've replied that I do only when necessary.

Hey DB, do I understand it right that you're up this weekend for a 50 miler?  Care to post a goal?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive       10/27       Broad St. Ramble 10K     Augusta, GA      <50:00  

MTA:  The race starts at 5:30 PM.   I hate that.  I'll have to watch what I eat all

day and we know that I have a problem with thatWink

steph  

CliveF 13OCT2012 15k Lungstrong Cornelius NC sub-63?

1:02:47, good for 39OA and net 3AG.

In my effort to not launch too hot, I instead started out a bit too slow!  But each 5km split was ~30sec faster the one before, so that was nice.  Well-organized race, great weather, and a nice confidence boost 4 weeks out from Richmond.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

Please change my goal to < 60 minutes.

~57:35

Not at it at all. 

GREAT JOB Tim!!! Wish I could have been out there to watch but my daughter had softball all day. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

GREAT JOB Tim!!! Wish I could have been out there to watch but my daughter had softball all day. 

Thanks!  It was pretty cold when we got there but it turned out to be perfect running weather by the time the race started.  I really enjoy running those trails up there and will be going back.

Not at it at all. 

Fail. Nothing else to say. Monument 1/2 Marathon 1:52:10. No stomach issues, but one tough ass course. It was their inaugural year and it was fantastic. The rain, wind, and the climbing made for a miserable race. Gotta love it. I will be back next year!!!
                        WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

10/27 -- Drag Strip Dash 5K, Indianapolis, IN -- <24:45(PR)

My 5 mile time says I'm not quite ready to take on my 5K PR. My 1 mile time says I am. Let's see which one is right.

The race is being held at the local racetrack. Part of it is on the drag strip and part of it is on a small oval. Should be interesting. I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about hills. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

10/27 -- Drag Strip Dash 5K, Indianapolis, IN -- <24:45(PR)

My 5 mile time says I'm not quite ready to take on my 5K PR. My 1 mile time says I am. Let's see which one is right.

The race is being held at the local racetrack. Part of it is on the drag strip and part of it is on a small oval. Should be interesting. I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about hills. Big grin

Damn....how quickly can I recover...... Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

obsessor

Damn....how quickly can I recover...... Big grin

you might could....

Non ducor, duco.

Is that a negative 57 minutes? Dude, you're fast.