3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October Racing Thread (Read 676 times)

Prince of Fatness

Is that a negative 57 minutes? Dude, you're fast. 

Dude.  Its a tilde.  Meaning approximate.  Results aren't out yet.

But you probably know that and are just trying to be funny.

Anyway, I like your bathing suit.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn....how quickly can I recover...... Big grin

After 50 miles 3.1 would be a piece of cake. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

DNF at 38, ran 32 and change.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive     Oct 7        F.A.T.S.  50K   Sumter National Forest, SC   <7:00  Just for fun.  

Oct 21     Army 10 Miler  DC    1:22  Husband wanted to do this one so...

1:22:20 chip time.  Nice run.  Quite chilly waiting to start but then it doesn't take much to make me cold.

steph  

Nice run and nice time TeaOlive!  (and congrats on what I think was a PR)

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice run and nice time TeaOlive!  (and congrats on what I think was a PR)

HaHa, thanks.  Yes my first 10 miler so PRSmile  

steph  

3:10:12 for me at Baystate. Failed at stupid goal, but fought my ass off to get what I could.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

3:10:12 for me at Baystate. Failed at stupid goal, but fought my ass off to get what I could.

Maybe not sub-3, but still a PR. Nice!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

10/27 -- Drag Strip Dash 5K, Indianapolis, IN -- <24:45(PR)

My 5 mile time says I'm not quite ready to take on my 5K PR. My 1 mile time says I am. Let's see which one is right.

The race is being held at the local racetrack. Part of it is on the drag strip and part of it is on a small oval. Should be interesting. I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about hills. Big grin

24:05

Pretty pleased with that. Each mile was a little faster, but I had no kick left for the last .1

They started the race on the drag strip using the starting lights. Pretty cool.

Feeling the growl again

Pretty pleased with that. Each mile was a little faster, but I had no kick left for the last .1

The force was strong with me when I called 24:00 yesterday, wasn't it?  Big grin

Awesome job!  I don't recall what your original ambitions were at the beginning of the year, but for someone who lost a significant amount of time to injury you sure are making progress on those PRs.

Results aren't up, any idea what the winner was and the quarter mile special award winner was?  After my run today went very well I was kicking myself for not opting into this one.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats, WhoDat!  Great running!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive       10/27       Broad St. Ramble 10K     Augusta, GA      <50:00  

MTA:  The race starts at 5:30 PM.   I hate that.  I'll have to watch what I eat all

day and we know that I have a problem with thatWink

49:18  But I'm pretty sure that the course was a bit short.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Congrats, WhoDat!  Great running!

Thanks Steph, and congrats on your 10K PR! If they say it's a 10K, then it's a 10K. Garmins lie ;-)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The force was strong with me when I called 24:00 yesterday, wasn't it?  Big grin

Awesome job!  I don't recall what your original ambitions were at the beginning of the year, but for someone who lost a significant amount of time to injury you sure are making progress on those PRs.

Results aren't up, any idea what the winner was and the quarter mile special award winner was?  After my run today went very well I was kicking myself for not opting into this one.

Thanks. I'd say I'm probably 6 months behind where I'd hoped to be by this time. I think I would have hit my 2012 goals by now. I stll have time to hit my 5K goal, but the others probably won't happen this year. I'm still happy with my progress though.

Results are up now. Winning time was 17:07.5. Quarter mile winning time was 1:10.8. The quarter mile guy went on to finish 50th. Way behind even me ;-)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks Steph, and congrats on your 10K PR! If they say it's a 10K, then it's a 10K. Garmins lie ;-)

Ha-ha, thanks but not just Garmin.   Also looked at certification map on USATF site...

steph