3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October Racing Thread (Read 676 times)

But that's still a PB in terms of pace over that distance, plus if you assume you'd have run at that average pace for 6.23 miles you'd be 50:03 or so which is tantalizingly close and a bloody impressive run.  So congratulations on some good running (and sorry the silly course was short).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

24:05

Pretty pleased with that. Each mile was a little faster, but I had no kick left for the last .1

They started the race on the drag strip using the starting lights. Pretty cool.

Awesome!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I know I didn't put them up as targets (I've been a bit disorganised recently - new job, holidays, getting used to living with partner and kids).  I haven't even logged my training.  Although I have been training so I guess thats the most important bit done.

But anyway.  I'm back now.  Although first few weeks will mostly be resting!  I will catch up on posting though.

Masterton marathon - 14th Oct - was aiming for 3.10.  Managed 3.13.  Very happy - new PR by 5mins.

Amsterdam marathon - 21st Oct - was aiming to stay alive.  Managed 3.29. And stayed alive.  Bonus.

WDR, TeaOlive and Mandy: congrats on some fine running!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

They started the race on the drag strip using the starting lights. Pretty cool.

This I would like to do :-)

Nice running! Getting faster throughout is cool.

Meant to circle back around to this after Halloween but forgot to. It was another good month of fall racing. I must say that there was one person that stood out the most with their performances and that was WhoDat. Great running in October and that nice cold beer goes to you!
              WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thanks everyone!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.